2* Staunton/Verona, Virginia Ramada under $50 on ramada.com

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

If, like me, you often find yourself heading to Central Virginia on a fall weekend for football, school visits or leaves, you know that finding an affordable place to stay (sometimes ANY place to stay) can be challenging. For obvious reasons, I've never had much luck with priceline/hotwire in such situations. I used to sometimes stay at the Harrisonburg Four Points using my Starwood points (it was a great deal at only 2000 points, no capacity controls), but that hotel has now left the Starwood system.

In looking around, I stumbled upon this book-direct deal on ramada.com. Depending on how many beds you want and other in-room amenities, the prices on the website currently range from $40 to $49 for fall bookings. I'm sure the property is no more than a servicable place to crash, although they do serve a free extended continental breakfast, get 3 stars from AAA and have a 4 star score on Trip Advisor (with the usual widely differing opinions!). There's no way you're otherwise going to get close to this price in that area for the busy fall season, so you might want to give them a try. No cancellation penalty, either.

BTW, before booking this, I called Marriott to enquire regarding their Courtyard, Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn properties in Central Virginia. All were completely sold out for several October weekends. So you might want to book early!

Hey thereuare --

If you want to stick this point here, please put "VA" in the title. Isn't Verona otherwise a place in Italy? :)

I stuck it in the "priceline VA" section because that's where I'd think to look if I was trying to buy a hotel room in central Virginia. Of course, I should probably look in "other hotel deals" too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]