Hotwire Hotel: 3* Toronto (Downtown) Days Inn

RedRover
By RedRover,
in

This matches the Inter-Continental Toronto Centre (Front Street location) so that would be our best guess.

If you absolutely must have a pool and your trip would be ruined without one, you may want to consider booking direct or thru a non-opaque method (you can use our BetterChecker tool to check rates as well as the hotel-direct links in our support page).

If you decide to go with hotwire, i would call the Inter-Continental first to make sure that there pool isn't closed for renovations or something similar (which could explain the recent removal of this amenity icon fro the hotwire list).

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchase you make.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information. I checked with the IC & although they have a pool - it's only open for kids between 3-5 on weekdays so this won't work. The pool is in the spa area so it's certainly understandable. If I were having spa treatments I wouldn't want them "enhanced" by the delighted shrieks of children playing in the pool.

There's a 3* that comes up with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant & Laundry - This midscale establishment offers more than just the basics in style, comfort and customer service. I looked on the pinned list of hotels & think that maybe this is a Holiday Inn? Any ideas?

Also, do you think more properties will appear closer to the date?

Thanks for this fabulous site - what a great resource!!!

HOTWIRE only shows the lowest price hotel at each star rating in each zone... so for another hotel to appear you would either need:

1) another hotel in this zone at the 4* level to change their price to one lower than (what is believed to be) the Inter-Continental

2) the Inter-Continental to sell their allotment of rooms at the current price or pull their current rate

You are only four days away from check-in, so i would say the chances of seeing a different hotel are less than if you were say 6 months from check-in... just not as much time for things to change.

The 3* has not yet been identified, but the Holiday Inn seems like a decent guess as those are a star rating and amenities often associated with that chain, but those amenities are quite common for a hotel so can't be certain.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I booked the 3* & it is the Days Inn & Conference Centre on Carleton St. It's a great location but the hotel is listed on Expedia as 2.5* & I've seen it listed as 2* elsewhere so that is a bit disappointing. The other thing is that the price I got through Hotwire is more only marginally less than booking through the hotel directly. I hadn't price this hotel prior to booking, assuming it was less than 3*.

Ah well - live & learn. I'll certainly try to book a lot earlier next time.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to our Hotwire Hotel List for this area.

Sorry to hear of your slight disappointment, but it sounds as if it will work well for seeing the area and the kids can go swimming :)

Enjoy your stay.

A quick follow-up:

Upon my return from Toronto, I received an email from Hotwire customer support today asking for my feedback on my recent stay. Here's a quote from the email -

Hotwire has assigned the Days Inn & Conference Centre - Toronto Downtown a rating of 2.5 stars. Based on your recent stay there, do you feel that star rating is appropriate?

I informed them that I had booked a supposed 3* hotel & wondered whether the rating had changed in the three days that had passed since I booked?????

Anyway - they offered me a full refund if I cancelled the reservation or $25 Hotwire dollars to be used for my next reservation. I was very tempted to go for the full refund & see if they noticed that the date of the reservation had already passed :) but I asked for the $25 discount option instead. I don't know how they'll provide this. Stay tuned....

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]