Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USE) Galleria Park Hotel

edarte
By edarte,
in

I was trying to book in the Union Square Embarcadero area, either a 4*(preferred) or boutique hotel for four nights, August 6 to 10. Over several nights, by using the combination of other areas that did not have either 4* or boutique I submitted many, many bids starting the 4* at $70 and going to $135 before switching to boutique. I then bid the boutique at $70, and, in $10 increments, from $90 all the way to $160 (!Remember this rate!) before giving up.

I had checked a San Francisco convention site and knew that rooms were scarce.

So then I tried just getting a room for the first two nights from August 6 to 8. I just tried boutiques at $90, $100, $110, finally succeeding with the Galleria Park hotel for $120 a night, total with tax and Priceline fee = $284

I clicked on the Priceline option to extend my stay to August 10 but this did not find any rooms available.

Now here is the interesting part. I then went directly to the Galleria Park hotel site and tried to book a room for the two nights from August 8 to 10 and got the room at $118(plus tax) a night!!! and without the additional Priceline fee.

Now I can accept that maybe the Priceline fee drove the hotel minimum rate above $120 and that is why no rooms were found when I tried the

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... looks like this ultimately worked out well for you.

As far as the rejected bid goes, it could have been for a variety of reasons... the hotel may not have given the 'ok' for stays over 3 days, they could have forgotten to load an opaque rate (or inputted an incorrect rate) for one of the nites of your stays, failure to electronically communicate with the booking system during your failed bids, etc, etc.

Glad to see at least you were able to make this work.

Thanks for the post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your win. My opinion is that the hotel will have a certain inventory of rooms available for priceline, and if those rooms are already sold, it will not offer any further rooms to priceline. That you were able to find more rooms on the hotel web site at a low price is very fortunate on your part.

Good luck on your stay there, and avoid a street facing room if at all possible if you don't want excessive noise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]