Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Staybridge

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

No problem to change and check out and check back in for one more night here ...

I made a mistake to use PL extend stay link to get one more day at $45 but wrong date, so I end up got two room on 8/2 and no room 8/3, but when I talk to general manager, he said no problem, and front desk change it for me yesterday, that's great!

I asked general manager how much can he give for long term stay since many IT consultants from India came to the area without car and need train to work at Wall St and it is great Staybridge has free shuttle to New Brunswick train station. I was told $79 or $2,300 or so a month.

I was thinking may be I should sell my property and stay here since the property tax just went up again, and staying here can save a lot on breakfast and dinner. Also, I can save on cable TV, high speed Internet, and maid service ...etc.

Even better, I got swimming pool and basketball field and BBQ grills if I need to. What else do I missing?

And, if I want to go to travel and bid on hotels at other places, I do NOT need to pay here... I stay at hotel 150+ nights a year, it is a big saving ...

Now, if I can get Peter know the General Manager well, and repair his SUV breaks here onsite without having general manager to take car to dealer and other hassel, and when I live here, I can always have onsite auto mechnics to handle my car...

Have to take kids to violin lesson, so missed the dinner tonight, but it's ok, I was told it is hamburger among other things ...

Many friends visit me at the suites and very impressed of the hotel; when I told them $45 from PL, they really could not believe ...

General Manager told me that it takes about 4 or 5 partners to got a franchise hotel like this, and it would take about 8 months to build and start operating ... Any millionaire here want to join?

Got back late from Taco Bell at Middlesex mall, and also took car to inspected ... got rejected since got a nail on one of the tire ... need to get it fix...

Oh, by the way, General Manager told me that this hotel has slow days at December of each month... So, if you bid on this hotel during that time, you should be able to get it, I guess ...

This hotel has free shuttle to New Brunswick train station to take train to New York City. If you get off Newark Int'l Airport, can take NJ Transit to New Brunswick and then shuttle to this hotel ...

Just bid again at $32 on 3* to skip Marriott and then bid 2.5* at $45 trying to get this Staybridge again, but it were rejected !!! So, the General Manager told me weekend sold out may be making sense ... and somehow the Somerset Marriott website rate is now $189 for the weekend, Courtyard $159, a bit strange ...

This weekend must be fairly busy in town ...

After nice complimentary breakfast, took my car to replace a tire at STS; I was told nail on the side can not be repair, well ... It then passed the DMV inspection, somehow, NO one in the line ... so, it seems Friday around 10am is good time to visit DMV.

Then passed by a new bank called Somerset Valley, went talk to branch manager and she gave me a tour of all facility of the bank ...

Back to hotel, extend it to 1pm no problem. The man next to me at business center paid $139 a night, but that's weekly rate of 2 room suites. He told me that his house was burned, and insurance paid for his family to stay here free ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]