Priceline Hotel: Trying for northside of LA

jekyl
By jekyl,
in

I am looking for a hotel on the northside of LA for 8/11-13. I do not want to be IN LA, but have a lot of flexibility in exact location. I am looking at 2.5 stars with hopes of getting something like a springhill suites or residence inn, though I know there is no guarentee. It looks like Woodland Hills, Ventura, or Oxnard are pretty good. I did Woodland Hills at $50 and got the rebid +$14 option, which from what I have heard means you can usually get it for less. So I added Valencia at $52 still no.

Here is the problem, I cannot seem to add the other areas I would prefer, I guess they are a different zone, such as Oxnard or Ventura. So 2 questions, any way to add these areas with my Woodland Hills bid, or it just does not work that way? Two, if I really want Woodland Hills, any suggestions on rebid zones?

You can't bid for (Oxnard-Ventura) and (Woodland Hills) at the same time since they are in different 'regions' (regions are 'one level up' from zones).

Note that Valencia is not a re-bid zone for Woodland Hills... you should only be adding that if that area is fine with you as well; and if so, i'd be using combinations/permutations for your bidding rather than adding a 'live zone' to a previous bid.

Since you have 10 days before your stay, and you really prefer Woodland Hills, why not just gradually increase your bid every 24 hours?

If you'd rather bid the other zones now let us know and we'll look at those in more detail.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you try again after only 24 hours? I thought it was 3 days, maybe a long time ago? In any case, we leave this Friday for other travel and may have intermittent internet after that (if at all). But if I can retry every 24 hours, I get a couple more shots. My first choice is Woodland Hills, hoping for Staybridge or Country Inn/suites, I see Valencia might give me Res Inn, and maybe Hilton Garden Inn?, which I can live with. And I have no clue what Simi Valley, Van Nuys or Studio City might offer for a 2.5* if anything (especially since there is always the chance of getting bumped to 3*, though I really just want 2.5).

Its just two days, so we can live with anything halfway decent that we can get for a really good price, but I would like to maximize my chances of getting some kind of suite (ie Staybridge or Residence Inn) anywhere in that general area north of LA.

I do plan to use SavingsBarn again.

The 'lock-out' period has been changed to 24 hours (from 72 hours).

Even in Woodland Hills i think there is a good/decent chance your 2.5* bid gets upgraded.

I would try $55 for your next bidding opportunity in Woodland Hills (assuming you're "ok" with the potential upgrade)... if that is rejected then you can let us know if you'd like to try that zone again in another 24 hours or try the alternate zones that you mentioned.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions regarding the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]