Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown) Westin Horton Plaza

gold566
By gold566,
in

We would like to reserve a 4* room in Downtown San Diego for arrival on 9/27/06 and depart on 9/30/06. I've used Priceline before for Orlando and have researched the San Diego area. Our max right now would be $125 (can go higher if necessary-really don't want to though!!) What do you suggest starting at for a bid?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Rates are higher than usualy for these dates, based upon your limit i would bid as follows:

At the 4* level you have 11 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown-Harbor Island...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started the bids through Savingsbarn.com

Starting bid for downtown was $80 - rejected

Added re-bid zone 1 at $85 - rejected

Added re-bid zone 2 at $90 - rejected

Added re-bid zone 3 at $95 - rejected

and so on and so on until bid accepted on 7th try for $115!!! Was hoping for one of the others but can't complain considering rates for this hotel are at $287 on the hotels site and our max/goal was $125 or less!

Thanks for all your help!!

I've read both good and bad reviews of the hotel, one main theme has been dirty carpet! So hopefully that won't be a real issue and we'll enjoy the much needed trip anyway!!!

If anyone has ideas for a couple to do while there let me know! I know it's close to the Gas Lamp Quarter but we really enjoy the quiet unexpected places as well!!!

I just came back from SD, the Westin is REALLY nice, its right next to the horton plaza and gaslamp quarter (the buildings are attached w/each other) so you will have no problem to find places to eat/things to do. Only concern there is that parking is expensive. There's a Ralphs nearby too so you don't have to bring anything down other than money & camara i think, have fun with ur trip!

• 3 weeks later...

We are celebrating a special event has anyone had any luck with special requests. I would like to have a bottle of wine and special treats waiting in the room for us as a special surprise but not sure if the hotel will accomadate or if there is a "trick" to getting something special!

:)

At a 4* hotel the concierge is probably most helpful with such a thing -- and will probably charge you for anything you do.

Least busy time for them tends to be around 1:30pm (after check out/lunch question and before check in) on a Tuesday (tho any Tuesday-Thursday tends to be pretty dead).

I'd give a call and talk it up -- and try to hint that you're on a budget at some point in the conversation...

Thanks! Realized there would be an associated cost but didn't know if they would be helpful since I'm a (shhh don't tell anyone) a Priceline customer! Although I am a Starwood preferred guest so maybe that will help me out a little! Either way if that doesn't work, I am creative and will come up with something else to surprise him and be memorable at the same time!!!

Thanks again!

If you'r a"starwood" member , remember to ask if they will accept your card for "extras". My son in law is also a starwood member and recently stayed at the Westin on Priceline and had no trouble in having his starwood status recognized. He had planned on calling ahead and asking if his number could be added to this reservation but he didn't get around to doing that. However, I have done that with my Marriott card on a couple of occasions and have always had my card honoured.

They arrived at the Westin very late at night and asked for a King Room. Apparantly all the King Rooms except a "disabled" room were taken so they were offered it. They accepted and said the room was HUGE,

They loved the Westin and thought the location great.

We'll arrive by 2pm at the latest so hopefully there will be a king room available. I would prefer that if possible. I'll have to try calling and throwing out the whole starwood member and special occassion thing. I'll call this week and if no one is able to help me out, I'll wait until the beginning of September and try again. I'm sure things will work out the way they are supposed to...they always do!!!!!!

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]