Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown) Hilton

bhoppe
By bhoppe,
in

I have put in 2 bids so far for a Downtown Austin 4* hotel, hoping to get the Omni. I would like to stay 8/5/06-8/6/06. I made the first bid on 7/30 for $72, which I did not get. I made a bid again last night for $80, which I also did not get. Any ideas on the best strategy for this? Should I wait a couple of days and go back down, or should I bump it up a bit and bid again tonight?

Thanks!

Are you familiar with re-bidding?

Please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and let us know if you understand why you have six re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Austin.

If you understand the above let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for your to follow... if not, ask us questions regarding re-bidding and we'll break it down for you to understand it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I understand the rebidding process. I think my question is more along the lines of when I can get the best price. As in, will it go down closer to the time of arrival, or do I keep bumping it up little by little each day until I get it. I'm a little new at this, but I think I understand the overall process. I'd love to get in around the $75/night range, since others have seemed to be able to do this, but I suppose I would be able to do as high as $100 if necessary.

Tips appreciated.

Thanks!

As far as when to bid and rates going up/down, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

The idea behind using re-bids is that you can use a strategy such as this, rather then the "hit or miss" strategy that you seem to be using above:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

The above is how i recommend you bid on your next attempt... you're stay is only 4 days away.

If you have any questions regarding the above, or re-bidding in particular, feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]