Hotwire Hotel: Help in identifying this 2.5* Montreal hotel

wapon
By wapon,
in

I'm in search of a room for August 10-14 in Montreal. Haven't had any luck so far bidding on Priceline in the last few days; I've gone up to $89/night for a 4* and $80/night for a 3*. Just started bidding for a 2.5* at $58 this morning to no avail. Clearly I've been underbidding ...

Anyway, Hotwire currently has a 2.5* hotel for $96/night. Its amenities are listed as:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Centre

Restaurants

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Any guesses as to what this is? (I'm stumped by the "boutique hotel" thing.) Many thanks, and if I purchase, I'll do so through the recommended links and report back.

Many thanks for this information. I looked at reviews of this hotel at tripadvisor.com and they were relatively unfavorable, so I decided against booking it. Also now there are going to be three of us needing two beds, so I think I'll forgo Priceline as well. I have a published-rate booking with Clarion Hotel Downtown (119 CAN+tax, AAA rate), which we may fall back on.

Thanks for the info. I chose to go with neither Hotwire nor Priceline.

Just for people's information, the Montreal Convention Centre is hosting a large conference for the American Sociological Association from August 10-14, and the ASA conference accommodations website (http://www.asanet.org/page.ww?name=2006+Housing&section=Meetings) reports that Saturday night (August 12) is fully booked at most of the official hotels (e.g. the Delta Center-ville), which was probably what was making it impossible for me to get particularly low rates when I pricelined or hotwired the four days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]