Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help NYC 9/1-9/4

SpainGirl
By SpainGirl,
in

Hi! I have just started researching Priceline.com and have a couple questions. Sorry, if they've already beed addressed..... when do you feel would be the best time to get a deal? Are your chances of getting a deal greater right before the trip? My trip is still a month away and we do have a back-up place to stay so I am not in a huge hurry. The areas I am looking for are MW, ME, MS, and Soho. Preferrably a 4* but $150 may not get that. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your help!

As far as when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Where and how much is your back-up reservation?

Is there a reason you're avoiding the UM/CPS zone? Also note that the Soho zone extends into the Downtown area, which is not where the 'typical tourist' prefers to be... are you sure you want to bid this area?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I was avoiding Upper Midtown because my sister lives in the west village and that just seems a long way from there. I will be spending alot of time in the west village so that's also why I was planning to bid in Soho. But I see your point about Downtown/Wall Street - I really don't want to end up there. The back-up place to stay is actually in my sis's apartment. But it's very small so getting a hotel room would be ideal but only if we get a great price.

So just MTE, MTW, and MTS?

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I think the above has a decent chance of success near the end of the bidding process, but if rejected i'll have some additional thoughts/comments to add.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]