Priceline Hotel: Milwaukee 2.5* (8/21-8/25) - Bid $50, Received Response - Help

Nickerbocker
By Nickerbocker,
in

Milwaukee (Downtown) 3* - 8/21-8/25

On 7/25, I bid the following amounts without success: $35, $40, $43, $45. I am going to attend a conference being held at the US Cellular Arena and I would guess that this has many of the rooms in the downtown area already taken. I will continue to bid daily and am considering attempting a bid on the 2.5* category.

I bid $50 for the above dates and star rating and received the following response. What does this mean?

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we were not able to find a hotel that would accept your price for $50 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx-xxx-xxx-xx. If you are willing to raise your price by $14, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

This is a counter-offer, and is explained in more detail here: Priceline Suggests Priceline to Pay

Essentially you are almost assured of a win of you raise your bid to $64. As you have no re-bid zones available, you can't undercut this amount. You can either accept their $64 price OR you can wait 24 hours and try a figure in between... we usually recommend cutting the difference in half (in this instance $57).

If you're bidding downtown and are not in a rush, i would wait the 24 hours and try an amount such as $52 or $55.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]