Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM-CPS) Le Parker Meridien

idolmind86
By idolmind86,
in

I've never used priceline before and I really am somewhat nervous to use it. I've been to New York plenty of times but this weekend looks pretty busy and places I've normally stayed in have pretty high rates and I need to find somewhere around 200 a night (ideally less). I'd be more than willing to stay in a 3* but I'm nervous to use priceline to stay in a 3* as I've stayed in some awful 3* hotels as well as some great ones.

ANy suggestions for a bidding strategy? Is it feesible to try and get a 4*? Safe to bid for a 3* without risking a dog?

Thanks for any help. I'll definately use the PRICELINE links for bidding when I do. This site has a ton of info.

Thanks in advance

Edit:

I found a 4* in my price range on Hotwire. Would it be possible to get it on priceline? Is it worth trying to bid for or should I just take it. Also, any idea what hotel it is?

4-star hotel in Midtown Central

Customer Favorite!

This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See hotel details

What are the amenities associated with the HOTWIRE hotel? If you post that info we can try to help you identify it.

What is the price? Priceline is usually a little less than HOTWIRE, but you have a little less control over the specific hotel that you may receive (for me, all the 4* Priceline hotels in NYC are sufficient for my needs so not too much of a concern in my book). If you want to try to beat the above hotwire offering we will suggest a strategy for you to try on Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities are:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

From the list it looks like it may be Le Parker Meridien. It seems odd since it is cheaper than most of the three start listings. I would like to try and beat the price if you think it is possible to find a 4* for that weekend at a cheaper rate on priceline.

Looks like we didn't mention zones above either, so i'll just assume that you're seeking the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zone(s). If this is not correct, or you're willing to also bid the MTS zone, please post back and we'll revise accordingly.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170.

Start with the above, if rejected, don't be discouraged just yet :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming you have already read thru the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link above, we'll review re-bidding...

List (and post) each NYC zone and the highest star level available within each zone. From the above referenced link:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Sorry about this misunderstanding. I didn't understand the bidding topic. I thought they gave you the option to rebid. I didn't realize you had to input another area. Anyway,

I got the Parker Meridean for $165 (and nothing at $160), which I almost expected to get since hotwire listed it for $202 as the cheapest 4*.

Thanks for the help. I'll definately be using this site a lot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]