Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Bidding Help - 29/Sep 1 night

YYC F/A
By YYC F/A,
in

I'm trying to get 1 night in Vancouver for 29/September. I do have a back-up option at the Best Western downtown for $95+tax. However, whilst acceptable, this is a 'middle of the road' hotel and a little bit out of the way. We were hoping for a 4* in downtown Van.

I tried going up to $125, but not even a counter offer.

I see plenty of good rates (as low as $70ish mark) for hotels such as the Sheraton or the Hyatt in July. Is it too early for September inventory? Worth waiting it out?

Thanks for any 'insider info'!

The Sheraton is sold-out for your date above... the Hyatt has rates that are a bit higher than usual although not out of the range of amounts you have already bid.

Since you have a back-up i wouldn't chase it right now... sticking with your current maximum bid for the next month or so, then re-evaluate if still unsuccessful.

Don't know exactly where you need to be within the area, but you may want to look at HOTWIRE which has sub-divided this area into smaller zones. If you can id the hotel, maybe a lower star rating (with cheaper price?) in the area you want to be will do?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]