Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Staybridge

sage
By sage,
in

Found this "new" listing after rejection of third night stay in Clinton Holiday Inn. Bid $45 for 2.5* in three zones ($33 in first, $39 in second failed) and was accepted. Weekday price on website was $145, weekends around $180. Good deal.

I believe this is the old Summerfield Suites (per a Tripadvisor review). Since the renovation (just re-opened 2 months ago), I'd say any bad reviews are outdated. My stay was very pleasant. Nice to have hot-and-cold breakfast buffet (very fresh fruit, eggs&bacon, big bagels, potato cakes), plus evening snacks (hot dogs and chips last night) and wine/beer (albeit cheapy brands). HSI in each room (bring patch cable, front desk has a few). Free (they say) on-site laundry. Full size kitchen with big fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, pots/pans, plates/glasses/cups/silverware.

Thank you for the new hotel for the Priceline Hotel List. You may want to add some of your comments above to the Hotel Review section of the board so that the info will help others as this thread makes its way off the first page of this forum (once posted the review will be linked in the hotel list)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know this ex Summerfieds so well and great to hear this wonderful deal!!!

Well, I did not think twice and just went on to bid the 2.5* at $45 on Somerset, but I got Somerset Marriott 3* ... which was fine but kind of don't understand because website shows Somerset Marriott $189 ($89 weekend) on Thursday (weekday), Courtyard Somerset $159 ($69 weekend) ... well, got Marriott at $45 (a saving of $144!!! but rather get this Staybridge ...

(will post a new bid in a minute)...

Cool! I am able to repeat this at $45!!! :)

Basically, I just followed your bidding sequence carefully. I chose Somerset 2.5* and bid on $33 (in case hit Marriot still min, unlike last week I got it at $45 at first bid), not got it, then add Lebanon and bid $37 (in case get Courtyard still min), rejected, add Bridgewater and bid $39 (in case hit Holiday Inn Select Clinton min), failed, add Edison Woodbridge, bid $45, got it!!!

I suspect $45 is not minimum, but it is already very good since weekday also has light dinner ...

(will post on another topic ...)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]