Priceline Hotel: When to bid?

Ugly Kid Sam
By Ugly Kid Sam,
in

I'm new to the Priceline game (and betterbidding.com). We are going on vacation to Washington D.C. from 9/20/06 - 09/28/06. We want a four star in the city itself - metro accessible. We were ready to pay $200+ for a nice hotel since it's vacation (that ends up being over $2000 after taxes). It seems silly to do so if I can get the same hotel for much less than that via Priceline. That leads to my question...should I go ahead and bid now, or wait to much closer to my departure date? How does that effect the price. Also, since we are staying for 8 nights, does that help or hurt my chances of getting a better price. Thanks for any help.

As far as when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

In regards to an eight nite stay, give this thread a read: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

After reading the above let us know when you are ready to bid, the zone(s) you are willing to accept, and we will advise on how to best proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]