Hotwire Hotel: Playa del Carmen 4.5*

Hanalei
By Hanalei,
in

Hi,

If you have won in the past or know of the following hotel's amenities, please let me know which hotel this is:

Resort, beachfront, boutique hotel, restaurant, pool, fitness ctr, complimentary breakfast, golf, tennis, spa.

How do I avoid an adult only hotel? We have 2 kids.

Thanks,

Hanalei

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What do you mean by "an adult only hotel".... one that doesn't allow children OR one that is more likely to accomodate 4 people in a room?

Please supply your date(s) and sub-zone (Playa del Carmen ins't a Hotwire zone) and we may be able to better help you identify the hotel you're seeing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What zone are you choosing in order to have this hotel presented?

If you entering Playa del Carmen as the city the next screen asks you to choose:

Cancun

Cozumel

Riviera Maya

Which of these areas is the above hotel showing up in?

As well, please include the date(s) of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have no confirmation of this hotel but thru a bit of research my best guess is that this property is the Omni Puerto Aventuras (this is not a guarantee, but i think it's a very good guess).

If you read the description they describe themselves as a Boutique hotel and if you don't select the all-inclusive plan (which i don't think Hotwire would be unless purchased thru the Vacation Package and stated as such) then the room rate comes with free breakfast.

If this is indeed the property, the only question i would have is what is their policy on 4 people in a room, given Hotwire only guarantees double occupancy (any more than that is at the discretion of the hotel). I have been to two resorts in this area (Ceiba del Mar and the Moon Palace) and while Ceiba del Mar was small and intimate (like this Omni appears to be) the Moon Palace required a wrist band for everyone on the premises (and these wristbands are so covetted that there is a stiff per day penalty to replace a lost/stolen one). If the Omni works on a wristband policy, i don't know what would happen at this property with a Hotwire reservation that required quad occupancy (this of course assumes you were only getting one room for the four of you, i don't know the age of your kids... if you were planning on getting 2 rooms it's a moot point).

One suggestion is to call the hotel, acting as if you've already won this hotel, and ask them if you can have 2 adults and 2 children in a room on your Hotwire reservation. If yes, is there an extra charge, if no, can they be accomodated at for an extra fee. Doing the above may also confirm that they indeed participate with Hotwire. :)

Let us know how it works out if you contact the hotel or move forward with the reservation. Of course, feel free to ask any add'l questions you may have.

PS- i'd be more concerned with having 4 people in a room than i would be about receiving a hotel that didn't allow children. Also, if you are interested in any of the Palace Resorts i can give you the people i booked thru as i saved quite a bit of money doing so.

Thank you, Thereuare. It's still a while until next May. I will wait until around Feb to check w/ Omni. I think the regular rates for the time we'll be there is about $167.

Please let me know the rates at the resorts you used. I will see if it's reasonable enough.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hanalei

We didn't like the Moon Palace too much, although some people love all the Palace Resorts. It's linked above so you can get a general idea of cost, but i'm sure the people i used could get a better rate. It's all-inclusive so expect the rates to be substantially higher than we're discussing above. I don't know the age of our children, so i can't calculate a rate.

Ceibe del Mar is also linked above and may be the best resort i have ever been to, but much more expensive than i think we're talking here and it's only 'kid friendly' at certain times of year (dates at their website).

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]