Priceline Hotel: Help with New York Westin Sept 22-27

kdecker
By kdecker,
in

My first time post. We are traveling to New York Sept 22-27. Would prefer to stay at the Westin. What is the best strategy to ensure I get this hotel, and should I use hotwire or priceline, have never used either before. Another option is the Omni Berkshire. How much should I expect to bid, and what options/location do I need to enter?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid for a specific hotel when using the opaque services... if you could, nobody would have any need to book direct anymore. The deep discounts we receive are for being flexible in our travel plans.

I'd start with this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

After you read thru the above, feel free to ask any questions you may have or if you'd like to continue with your options with the opaque providers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response, I guess I should re-word my question. I will be staying in New York for the dates of 9/22-27, and want a 4 star in a central location. If I try for a MTW location for those dates (and hopefully win the Westin), what is the best strategy, meaning should I wait until closer to time to try to book, do prices drop closer to time, and what price should I expect to pay? Would Priceline or Hotwire be my best option?

Regarding when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I wouldn't count on the Westin as it's rare that it comes up for a multi-nite stay such as this one (often comes up for lone Sunday nites).

For most visitors MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS all work fine, but it's your stay... did you want to only bid for MTW? The more zones you include the better chance you have of landing a good deal and the more bidding opportunities you'll have per bidding cycle using the strategies we suggest.

Rates are high for these dates... do you have a cancellable back-up at all or have you researched prices at all? (use our BetterChecker to assist in your research). You should base your maximum bid upon what you'd likely be paying if you weren't able to use the opaque providers.

Once you're ready to bid, let us know which zone(s) you are willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy to follow. Any questions before then feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]