Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

cincyimages
By cincyimages,
in

YES! bor1980 gave me hope when I saw their post. I had been trying for 4 consecutive days to land a 4 star hotel in MTE, MTE, MTS, CPS with no luck up to $160. After seeing bor1980's post I tryed MTE for $120 and Priceline offered me a rebid for $22 extra. I closed out my browser (partially excited) and reopened it and entered in my request again except adding MTW with MTE and bid $130 and I was awarded the bid.

Good luck to the next lurker out there fustrated with their bids, be patient and it will pay off. I had refused to go higher than $160 and time was on my side.

Having a backup hotel reservation takes most of the angst out of the bidding process, allowing you to use time to your advantage assuming you have time to research and bid a few times without success before you get the price you want.

I think it's easily a good tradeoff saving $50 per night for an hours worth of research, unless your earning big bucks and it don't matter. But for now, I'm still just a working stiff and loving every dollar I can save.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]