Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Portland (Greater Downtown) Four Points

dragonman64
By dragonman64,
in

Can someone help me with this hotel? It's a 3* property in the Greater Downtown Portland area that has these amenities:

- Complimentary Breakfast

- High Speed Internet Access

- Business Center

- Fitness Center

- Laundry

Dates: 10/23-10/26

US$84

I'm inclined to think that this could be the Silver Cloud Inn northwest of the downtown area. But looking at hotwire's own map of greater downtown, this hotel is already - not marginally but significantly - outside that zone.

Anybody have other ideas on what this property could be?

Neither of these hotels have been identified, however...

I would speculate that indeed the Greater Downtown bounary may be misdrawn (warning: this is a BIG assumption) as the Silver Cloud does participate with the Vacation Product (so it would be assumed that they likely participate in the opaque product) yet the hotel does appear in any zone of the opaque version of the service?!?

My guess on the Lake Oswego property is the Crowne Plaza, but it's just a guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. My hunch really is Silver Cloud Inn since the complimentary breakfast is a dead giveaway. However, since this hotel's location is outside the greater downtown zone is what keeps me from being convinced that this really is the one.

There is even another option in Greater Downtown area for a 2.5* hotel with only restaurant and business center as amenities and the review inside states that the hotel is near the water. I have a feeling this is Four Points by Sheraton which is getting all sorts of bad reviews.

If the shaded boundary is indeed wrong, the Holiday Inn Express is also right near the Silver Cloud and also serves a complimentary breakfast so that is another possibility (and makes the breakest not such a 'dead giveaway'), but i would favor the SilverCloud over the HI Express for other reasons.

It's very rare that the zone is drawn incorrectly, but we have seen it occur. If the zone is indeed drawn wrong and you receive a property outside the zone boundary, HOTWIRE has offered refunds/compensation.

If you don't mind the risk of changing hotels during your stay you could see if this property appears for the first nite of your stay and then again for the last two nites... if so you can purchase the individucal nite in order to "look behind the curtain". Then if you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites... if not, then make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

If you choose to split your purchase like this, please use this HOTWIRE link for each of your purchases (ie- if after the first purchase you choose to continue with hotwire, return here to use this link to begin your second purchase)

Thanks, and good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While the HI Express is near the Silver Cloud, I believe that they are categorized differently by hotwire. HI Express is a 2.5*, while Silver Cloud is a 3*. Also, both properties remain outside the greater downtown area map.

At any rate, I have a feeling that the 2.5* Greater Downtown hotel being offered by hotwire is Four Points by Sheraton which is in an excellent location. Reviews are largely mixed but they're offering it for $81.

I will use the link above should I push through with any of the above. :)

It was a choice between a 2.5* and 3* in the Greater Portland Downtown area, but the 2.5* Four Points by Sheraton prevailed mainly due to its unbeatable location as compared to the 3* which I strongly feel would be Silver Cloud Inn that is already outside the fringes of downtown in a sort of industrial area near Nob Hill. Also, the reservation came up even $2 cheaper per night (it was originally priced at $81) when I decided to make the purchase so I immediately grabbed the additional savings.

This being a limited-service property, amenities are only two: Restaurants and High-Speed Internet.

I've read both good and bad reviews about this hotel and despite the constant complaints of recent guests about the noise factor due to the rail outside the place, we don't think it would be an issue for us. As for its being outdated, we've already stayed in places that could be more worn than this one at the same or slightly higher rate so another non-issue. Its downtown address right between downtown shopping and the Willamette River had us convinced.

BTW, I made the purchase through the HOTWIRE link in this forum. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]