Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore

njg
By njg,
in

Tried for Inner Harbor 4* for 2 rooms, 2 nights (July 28 & July 29, 2006). Failed all the way up to $125.00.

Tried for Inner Harbor 3* same dates and failed all the way up to $100.

Tried for Inner Harbor 3* for July 29 only & failed up to $100.00

Booked a back-up cancellable reservation at the airport and I guess I'll try again in a day or two. Does anyone know of conventions, etc? I know the baseball team is in town, but I also saw that another member received a 3* in Inner Harbor for baseball game nights earlier in July for $50.00. His nights were week-nights, however.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS I used Savingsbarn link & will continue to.

I don't know of any convention checkers for this area and i doubt that this would typically be a major factor on a weekend, but Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas sails from Baltimore on 7/30 so you may be competing with some poeple staying pre-cruise (in addition to the baseball game and general seasonal factors)

If you opt to choose other areas feel free to let us know your maximum bid and zone(s) and we'll try to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried again today, using a number of different approaches. Am posting the results just for general info for others.

4* Inner Harbor 7/28 & 7/29 2 rooms--I went up to $140 & failed.

4* Inner Harbor 7/29 only, still for 2 rooms--I bid up to $165 & failed

Decided that we really want to stay downtown at least for that Saturday night, because of a 4:30 pm ball game, so I decided to try for 3*

3* Inner Harbor, 7/29. 2 rooms--I bid all the way up to $152 & still failed.

I can't decide whether to go even higher, or wait & hope some inventory opens up. It seems from the various Internet sites that rooms are available, just very expensive.

I'm having the same problem w/ this week. Trying for 3* or 4* in inner harbor for 7/26 -7/28. Went all the way up to $165 unsuccessfully. Seems like this is the only week where availability is so limited. Even hotwire prices for this week are $300 + for 3*. I will try again early next week.

OOPS, forgot to put the hotel name in the title: Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore.

Wasn't sure weather to start a new thread. Hope I am not making extra work for you, Thereuare.

Anyway, I decided we just HAD to be at the Inner Harbor on Saturday night, so I went up to $180 for 3*. (My previous failed bid was for $175).

Hotwire lists a 3* for that night at $204, which adds up to about $470 with taxes & fees. This Priceline bid adds up to $418. Still seems like SO MUCH money compared to what we are often able to do with Priceline, but I'm glad to be in that area of Baltimore for that night after the baseball game.

Used Savingsbarn.com link, as always. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]