Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Historic District-Penns Landing) Sheraton Society H

kstrom
By kstrom,
in

For a stay in downtown Philly on 7/23/06-7/24/06

7/13: Started bidding on a 4* in Downtown Philly at $51. Added all 7 free bid zones unsuccessfully to $60

7/15: Repeated the above strategy, and was unsuccessful at max bid of $72

7/16: Repeated the above strategy starting at $65. Added 4 free bid zones up to $73 dollars. (Started lower because Hotwire 3.5* cost had gone down since the prior day)

I am not surprised that the above didn't work given that someone else had to bid to >$100 for a 3* in downtown philly for the following Sunday.

But, I think I am going to stop at $73 because Hotwire has a 3.5* in Waterfront/Historic for $74 (given amenities and location probably Sheraton Society Hill) and a 4* in Waterfront/Historic for $123 (given amenities & loc probably Hyatt Penns Landing).

If the Hotwire 3.5* is the Sheraton Society Hill, the price is better than the ~$100 priceline bid, and with hotwire I know it has a pool which is the #1 requirement for my kids.

KStrom

Don't "watch it" too long as there is always a chance that the price of these could increase at anytime... leaving you with no real back-up reseravation.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay. Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if you get the Sheraton, the Philadelphia Parking Authority operates a parking lot/deck at 2nd and Sansom Streets, the rate for 24 hours is $14. Not sure how this compares with the rate at the Sheraton....BTW, there is a Dave and Buster's on Columbus Blvd. in case you need something indoors for the kiddies...

Thanks for the nudge. I just booked it through hotwire. It was indeed the Sheraton Society Hill $74 7/23/06.

OK, now to post it to the Hotwire list....

KStrom

PS The hotwire connection had timed out and I revived it without going back through SavingsBarn. I'm curious whether SavingsBarn got 'credit'. Thereuare, do you have a way of checking?

Also, is the link you pointing to me different than going through SavingsBarn?

Originally bid for 4* through priceline (see posts above), but decided that $74 for what I believed to be Sheraton Society Hill (and knew had a pool) was better than the bids I was up to with priceline.

3.5* Historic District/Penn Landing Philly

Sheraton Society Hill: $74 for 7/23/06

I am a happy camper (and my kids will be happy swimmers).

KStrom

We now have our own HOTWIRE link so please use this one for your future purchases (also found in our support page as well as the search box on the top left of the forum).

I assume the amenities for this hotel have remined the same: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business?

Glad you are happy with your results and i'm sure you're kids will have a great time!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, thereuare, the amenities for the Sheraton Society Hill have stayed the same.

Also, someone mentioned a good brewery in Philly ... is that Dave & Busters or something else? I have a vague memory that someone mentioned a brew pub called something like Sleepy Head.

Thanks

KStrom

I have a vague memory that someone mentioned a brew pub called something like Sleepy Head.

You're pretty close!! its the Nodding Head Brewery around 15th and Sansom Sts., a bit far from the Sheraton Society Hill considering the many dining and bar options in that neighborhood. Dave and Busters has a ton of arcade type games, don't go there for the food.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]