Priceline Hotel: 4* Myrtle Beach (Myrtle Beach Area) Sheraton Convention Center

58Tony
By 58Tony,
in

I did 4* first but rejected at $110 then start the new bid with 3* upto only $75 also rejected.

Do you think that is Sheraton hotel on Hotwire for 4*? I can try again tonight with Priceline to see if I get it at $115 if not then try Hotwire. What do you think?

The 4* on HOTWIRE is a match for the Sheraton so that would be our best guess... but never any guarantees :)

This same hotel seems to also appear if you break this stay into segments (well, at least the same star rating and amenties appear, so it's assumed it's the same hotel). You could then purchase one nite (or two) of your stay in order to see the hotel, then if you're happy with the outcome purchase the remaining nite(s). If you go this route, it appears that the best way to do this is to purchase the last nite first (at ~$127/nite) and then if you're happy purchase the first four nites (which appear at ~$90/nite). Usually breaking up the stay like this increases the hotwire fees a bit, but given the price difference between the two purchases, i think you'll actually come out ahead. Of course there is a slight risk that these are actually two different properties and you'll have to change hotels for the last nite of your stay, but that is usually not the result in this type of situation.

If you do choose to split the stay like this, please return to this thread after your first purchase and be sure to use this HOTWIRE link for each or your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Follow your advice and got the Sheraton for $129 + 21.5 Tax and Fee on Hotwire (using HOTWIRE link on top of this page). Then instead of using Hotwire for other 4 nites ($105+tax&Fee) I used PriceLine (used SavingsBarn.com link) and got the Sheraton for $100 + Tax & Fee on first try. The main reason I use PL is hopping I can get the Hilton, ohwell I'm happy with what I got. Now time for package.....

Thanks again

Tony

Congratulations on your win.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using the priceline SavingsBarn.com link and our own HOTWIRE link for your purchases.

I'm not so sure i would have bid $100 for the four nites on Priceline knowing that the Sheraton was available for $90 on Hotwire, but i guess it depends upon how much you were trying to avoid the Sheraton.

Overall a pretty good deal for this area and some not savings over conventional rates!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]