Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Philadelphia Suburbs (Plymouth Meeting Norristown) Residence Inn

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

I was hoping to get the Springhill Suites in Plymouth Meeting (a 2 star) where I've stayed in the past for about $38.00 (plus the taxes and fees) and every day for a month I've bid $41.00 for a 2.5 star and lost and then dropped to a 2 star for the same price and lost.

Three days ago when I bid for the 2.5 star it had a counter offer if I could "add $12.00" (making it $53.00) but I didn't want to.

Today I decided to go up a buck to $42.00. At 2.5 stars it said - again, there was a counter offer of adding "$12.00". I passed and dropped to 2 star at the $42.00 bid. I got it and upgraded to a 2.5 star Residence Inn in Conshohocken which is about 5 miles further away from Plymouth Meeting from where I need to be. When checking the Residence Inn Site for that date lowest was $119.

With taxes and svc chg room is $53.13. They offered me to extend my stay at same rate but I declined.

I'll use the breakfast but not the other facilities as I only really needed a bed for the night. But I'm pleased. It's definitely a business hotel with lots of open rooms on weekends.

Thanks for your guidance. I did bid as requested.

Steve

Thank you for sharing your bid with the board... glad to hear you can make it work well for your plans.

Seems odd that you were rejected at $42 for a 2.5* property, but then immediately bidding again at the same price for a 2* were upgraded to a 2.5* property (for the same price you were had just been rejected for!). :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, Springhill Suites 2* seems to be $35 or $38 ... When I tried $47 on 2.5* I got counter $13 making it $60 ... so it counters different at different bid ...

I think $42 is the minimum for this Residence Inn ... Been there many times, it is a nice hotel, but don't get the corner suite, it is too big!!!

Check out the Zoo and Japanese Tea Garden (rank top #2 in all Japanese Tea Garden in the US...)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]