Hotwire Hotel: Paris 4*

walden
By walden,
in

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Paris next March 18th-25th 2007. Hotwire has listed a 4* hotel in the Eiffel-Orsay area for a price anywhere between $104-110 per night. I've read all of your posts on Paris and have surmised that it could be the Hilton, but I'm wondering if anyone was ever assigned another 4* in the area. Also, I have two computers ( 1 Mac and 1 PC) and the Mac always lists the hotel at $2 more per night than the PC.....any thoughts. Also, if I check the price on a number of computers the "tax recovery" fees vary dramatically, sometimes as much as $50 for the entire stay. This seems strange, doesn't it? Any help you could offer would be most appreciated.

:)

What are the amenities associated with the 4* HOTWIRE property?

When you see the taxes and recovery fees differ substantially it could:

1) be a glitch in their system (and if you can PM me an example i will have a look and try to see if it is an error)

2) the hotwire zone could cover two different areas, one which has a 'hotel tax' and one that doesn't

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tonight the $2 swing flip-flopped from Mac being more expensive than a PC to actually costing less. I think the difference in taxes last night may have been a glitch. I'll let you know and post an example if I see it again. Below are the differences between Mac and Pc when checked simultaneously.

Example 1: PC

Rooms: 1

noOfNights:7Nights:

hotelPriceShown:$109.00Rate per night:

Subtotal: $763.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:$92.62

TotalPriceWithAddOns:$855.62Total

Example 2: Mac

Rooms:1

no of nights: 7 nights

hotel price shown: $107.00 Per night:

Subtotal: $749

Tax recovery charges and fees: $92.62

Total: $841.62

The hotel has the following amenities:

Restaurant / Business Center / High-speed Internet Access

Is there another 4* hotel in Eiffel-Orsay?

Cheers!

Is there another 4* hotel in Eiffel-Orsay?

From the top of the hotel list:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Hotwire offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Hotwire all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it's always a good idea to look at the Hotwire map before purchasing.

This does match the Hilton Paris... but there could always be others (especially since there are only three common amenities associated with the property).

If you are concerned about which hotel you will receive you could search for the first nite or two and then see if the same hotel is offered for the remainder of your stay. If so, you could purchase the first few nites in order to 'look behind the curtain', then if it is the Paris Hilton (or another property you're happy with) purchase the remaining nites. Still no guarantees the balance will be at the same hotel, but the chances are greater and it gives you a bit of an edge.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please remember to start your purchases with this HOTWIRE link. If you do choose to split the purchase, please return to this thread thread and start each purchase with this link. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Chiliweenie,

Please post the details of your purchase as a NEW TOPIC so the information will be seen by others scanning the topic titles of this forum. Please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, price, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase.

You can still view all of this info by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]