Priceline Hotel: 3* Cincinnati (Airport CVG-Florence) Holiday Inn Airport

utrocketfanatic
By utrocketfanatic,
in

I'm looking for a 3* on 10/14 for 1 night. The list on this site only shows 2* but looking on PL shows there is a Holiday Inn, Hilton, and Marriott in the airport area in the non-opaque part of PL. Does this mean that they are included in the "name your own price" section? Can you give me a good number to start on and a bidding strategy since there is no one else that has posted about this area. I see there is two re-bid zones, east and fort mitchell areas. I know it's a few months but it's fun to research.

Also, can you explain or copy the link on when to close your browser to rebid and why?

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding the "name your own price" and "non-opaque" comparisons.

Do you have a maximum bid in mind? I have a guess as to what i think it may take and will make sure that a strategy we suggest doesn't have you overbid, but i woudln't want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you wanted to bid. Will you be bidding on this now?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thanks for the FAQ answer. 3* is an option in the name your own price section so I take it that the list isn't up to date. I don't really have a specific number in mind. I just want to get the best rate possible for a 3* (I was hoping for less than $50 if you need a definite number). I am in no big hurry so I can start low and work my way up. Do I get three bids a day then? Can you answer my last question on my previous post? I'm pretty sure I understand the rebid concept but don't know why/when you have to close your browser.

I take it that the list isn't up to date
See the related link in the PRICELINE FAQ, then read the section at the top of every hotel list on the board.

You can begin bidding as follows:

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $30, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40.

If the above is rejected, in 24 hours:

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Click cincyimages's name next to his post. Then on the top right under PROFILE OPTIONS select "View Members Topics" and you will be able to see all of the posts that cincyimages has started.

Do note that rates are date specific, so one users winning bid is not necessarily indicative of a winning bid for your own dates, if rates are high/lower than usual.

• 3 weeks later...

I continued your bidding strategy each week and at $45, I was offered a room if I increased my bid $13 so I knew I was close. I bid 50 and didn't get it.

Next day, I bid 49, 52, and won on 55.

Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport

Check-In Date: Saturday, October 14, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, October 15, 2006

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$16.10

Total Charges: $71.10

Holiday Inn's price for the same night was $95 + tax so I was pleased. Used Savings Barn. Thanks again!

Congratulations on your ultimately success.

Glad to see you didn't need to go too much over your peferred budget and that you are happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the rest of us and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SB.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]