MA Boston Metro South Radissison Stoughton

Spartops
By Spartops,
in

Last minute booking at $55, accepted first bid. Business property that seems to do a large weeekend wedding/event trade also. Just off Route 3 and easy to find. Lobby and reception area smallish but fine. Check in pleasant and quick on a slow Thursday as they were replacing mattresses on some floors and resealing the parking lot, not a problem for us. Friday the hotel was full. Had to ask the front desk to remind the people in the room across from us that this was a hotel, not their backyard. Tried to do so myself but think I was not loud enough to be heard. To their credit they were quiet enough for the rest of the evening.

Room was a standard business hotel room but maybe a cut above the average Radisson. Comfortable, clean, with a coffee maker, iron, etc. Felt the front desk was attentive and responsive to my only request.

There is a couple of small and nice restaurants within walking distance which we liked and a flash Italian restaurant (Bellas) for an upscale experience.

Would stay here again without hesitation but might check the event schedule first.

• 4 months later...

We stayed here for three nights this past week.

The hotel seems mainly geared towards a convention or business audience. It seemed like most of the cars in the parking lot had gone by the time we arrived back each evening.

The location is quite convenient as it is located right off Rt. 3. We went into Boston each day. We would drive to the Quincy Adams train station which is about 3 exits down route 3 ( approx. 5-10 minutes) at the Quincy Adams station you can catch the train into the downtown centre. Parking at the station is $3.50 and the train fare is $5 roundtrip to Boston. This sure beats the parking rates in dowtown Boston.

The hotel room was fairly standard. We actually had two double beds, however we didnt make any special requests. We received a bed with a sleep number, which is novel for a little while.

Exercise equipment was quite good in the gym, and we exercised fairly late after 10 pm some nights. Pool is outdoor, so it was closed this time of year. They had a nice looking restaurant, however, we never tried it.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a basic accomodation, that is easily accessible to Trains, at an affordable rate.

• 1 year later...

Nice place the Radisson. Clean and renovated rooms, nice bar and restuarant on site (second floor). There is an Italian place in the same parking lot, so you have choices.

Couple points: The doors do NOT slam so you can actually get a nice night sleep without doors slamming shut on your floor. You notice these things when you travel a lot.

The beds are remote control beds, to detemine comfort. I thought they were largely uncomfortable at any level and I tried every level it seemed. Just seemed like an air mattress that you got inflate or delfate at the press of a button. I have no doubt they were expensive, but just not my type of bed. That was the only downer of the stay.

I liked this place. I would not hesitate to priceline this zone again and get the Radisson. I'd even pay full fare of $109 if I had to. But only for a night or two. I think the bed would give me issues any longer than that.

20 minutes from Boston, easy commute. Also, free parking at the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]