Priceline Hotel: NYC 9/29-10/1 in MTW or MTE

jennferkb
By jennferkb,
in

Hello,

My husband and I are planning on taking a short weekend trip to NYC on Sept. 29-Oct 1 (2 nights). We are mainly interested in the MDW area, but will settle for MDE if need be. We would like a 4* hotel, but would settle for a 3* if it was in the MDW area. This is my first time using Priceline (I've already read all the tips and faq) so I'm hoping for some bidding assistance.

What are your recommendations? Would you recommend that I attempt a 4* hotel in the MDW area a couple of times? Is $125 a decent starting bid? I've seen bids accepted in the $150 range for September, but I'm hoping I could get a bit lower. Am I being unrealistic?

Also, I will not be bidding today because my husband is in the military and deployed. However, I will be bidding tomorrow after I can pass this info. on to him. I just didn't want you to think I was wasting your time so I wanted to bring our situation to your attention. Thank you!

I'm doubtful $150 will currently be enough for a 4* and it may not even be enough for a 3*. However, if that is your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy up to that point, but first... is there a reason you're avoiding the UM/CPS zone? (which would give you add'l bidding opportunities)

Let us know the above and we'll advise a strategy accordingly (but please confirm plans with your husband first).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

UM/CPS stands for Upper Midtown - Central Park South, correct? We live in NJ and have been to NYC many, many times. I just didn't think to add the UM/CPS so thank you for that recommendation.

Based on research, I know that $150 a night would be our maximum bet (we would stay two nights). I just need to tell my husband this average price because he was not aware of what the rooms would cost a night on average through priceline verse the hotel's regular rates.

Would you be able to help me with the bidding based on this:

- Dates are September 29-October 1

- 1st choice MDW

- 2nd choice MDE

- 3rd choice UM/CPS

- Preferably a 4*, but if it is much less for a 3* then we will opt for that

Thank you!

Please confirm the $150 limit is ok with your other family member(s) and let us know... but as i mention above, this may not be enough so i don't think i would them "This is what it's going to cost".

Also, you mention above that 3* is only acceptable in the MTW zone (and not MTE zone)... what about 3* in the UM/CPS zone? (and yet, UpperMidtown/CentralParkSouth)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]