Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Hilton Fishermans Wharf

kennancat
By kennancat,
in

Hi - I'm hoping to priceline a resort for the San Fransisco area checking in 9/1 and checking out 9/3 (Labor Day weekend). I'd like to stay on the east side as we're planning to visit Yosemite on our way back to LA. We'll have a rental car, but I'd prefer not to get reamed for parking charges downtown. That's why I'm thinking to stay out of the city and just use BART to get to the major attractions. However, I have no idea which area to choose. I looked at the BART map online, but it's tough to tell how that actually lines up versus the priceline map. Plus, I am not familiar with the area and don't want to choose an unsafe area. I'm thinking a 2.5 to 4 star (clean, safe, and cheap are the goals) hopefully under $60 a night. Any advice?

• 3 months later...

Just a little off topic, but if you intend to use public transportation, plan on getting a multi day Muni Passport. With cable car rides $5.00 one way, it can pay for itself in one day...I think the 3 day one is $18. This entitles you to ride cable cars, trolleys, and muni busses.

Replace...
Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If dates change just mention in your post and continue the existing thread... makes it easier to keep the board organized.

I'm going to guess that USW is a bit more centrallly located (given that it's adjacent to the USE zone) but i'd wait for others more local to the area chime in with their thoughts before bidding.

Once you determine which zone(s) you want to add let us know if you'd like a suggested bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think we're just going to do the wait-and-see plan. If we still can't get USE, then I'll look into adding zones and potentially dropping to three stars. We've also talked about splitting the stay to spend two nights downtown and one out by the airport to keep average cost without budget. Wish us luck!

• 1 month later...

Well, after bidding USE with no luck for over a month, I gave up and went to Fisherman's Wharf. It took a couple of weeks, but I finally got something today. I also decided to drop down to 3*, trying to save a bit of money. I bid $90 on a 3* in the Fisherman's Wharf area, and got a response back that if I raised my offer by $22, I could bid again immediately. Having read about that on this board, I instead raised my bid by $11 and added the Civic Center zone, and ended up with the Hilton. My dates and number of rooms have also changed as the other couple we were going with decided to do a cruise instead.

Summary: Hilton San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Thu 9/14/06 - Sat 9/16/06 at $101 a night for a total of $240.09 with taxes and fees. I was hoping to get a lower price as I've seen in other wins, but I guess I can't complain too much when the lowest advertised price is $219 a night.

I'm still trying to get something down near the airport for 9/11 - 9/14. I assume I should start a new thread with that one when it finally comes through or if I need help?

ETA: I started my bidding through Savings Barn.

Congratulations on your win!

Looks like just about half price which sounds great!

Thank you for sharing your win and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Please do start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay (either if you need help or to report your win)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]