Kansas City to San Diego, name your own price???

MGOBLUE
By MGOBLUE,
in

First, thank you for any and all help you might be able to give me.

I am looking to fly two people from Kansas City International (MCI) to San Diego (SAN).

Ideally, I would like to depart Aug 2nd and return Aug 14. However, I am flexible on the departure date.

I looked on Priceline and the best retail price is $276 including taxes. (I tried to find a break down of how much the tickets are and how much the taxes are, but I was unable.)

However, using the Airfare Checker (which is the greatest thing ever) I found that the tickets were $297, which is $251+$47 for taxes.

My question is, how low do you think I could be "name my own price" and be succesful??? Or any other advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I would ideally like to fly for 220 per person after taxes, but have no idea if that is even realistic.

If there is anything I forgot to include let me know, as I am on here non-stop, trying to gain knowledge!

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thru re-bidding you can actually get two bids each bidding cycle. What is your maximum bid? I know your preference of $220 'all-in', but how high are you willing to go before you book conventionally... keeping in mind that you're giving up the ability to choose your flight times as well as give up your guarantee of a direct flight (if you book direct).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I can get purchase conventionally for 276, so I'd say 250 would be the highest, since I'd be giving up preferential choices, yet could still save 25pp. However, I am extremely apathetic as to how many transfers and holdovers etc etc. As long as I get from point A to point B. If I have to leave at 6 in the morning and don't arrive until midnight I would be fine, so long as the price is right!

I'd say 250 would be the highest...
So i'm assuming that brings your maximum bid to $200?

You can try as follows...

Do a search for MCI-->SAN and bid $150. If rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Do a search for MCI-->CLD. When choosing the 'name your own price' you'll be presented with the opportunity to choose a destination airport of CLD and/or SAN. Select only SAN and make sure that CLD is unchecked (so you are once again only bidding on MCI-->SAN and bid $170.

If that is rejected repeat the process in 7 days, but bidding $185 and $200.

If you're concerned about conventional prices going up in your 7 day wait period you can try $175 and $200 on your first round of bidding.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes (or if you have any additional questions)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]