Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) Amerisuites

veezer
By veezer,
in

7/27/06 one night

I wanted a place convenient to NYC Manhattan, and I'd given up on Jersey City after bidding unsuccessfully up to $85.

Hotwire brought up this 2.5 for $86, so I had a reasonable upper bound for my bid. Over the last few days I've been bidding for this (using the oversold Jersey City area as "free rebid"):

First bid $55, added Jersey City $61 no success

New bid $65, counteroffer to increase by $17; instead added Jersey City and bid $68 unsuccesfully

New bid $70, accepted!! :)

With taxes, for one room it came to $87.81 total. Very happy with this since we're going to see a Broadway show on 45th/broadway, and the 320 NJ Transit bus stops right outside the hotel to take us to Port Authority. (the hotel web site also says they have free shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles, so perhaps even the train from Secaucus Junction would be an option). Good reviews on tripadvisor, and with the free breakfast/parking/internet, it probably comes out to a better value than say the Hyatt in Jersey City with the path train, the lower star rating notwithstanding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]