Priceline Hotel: 4* hotel midtown

kevertje
By kevertje,
in

Hi,

I'm still looking for a 4* hotel midtown or central park south.

I already tried to bid up to $225 but without luck.

Any suggestions ?

I saw a post someone got 171 for the 4* 10-08/10-10.

I know how priceline works, I tried to first bid for 170 in Midtown west. Than raised the bid with Central Park south, again with Upper West, again with Upper East but it seems just a very expensive period.

Please help... I already booked flight, car (for periode before we end our trip in NYC)

thanks

Hans

netherlands

3 nights - 10/10 - 10/13

4 * hotel

1) Midtown west ----> 140 dollar

2) Midtown west + upper west --> 158 dollar

3) midtown west + upper west + upper east --> 165 dollar

4) midtown west + upper west + upper east + central park south --> 172 dollar

not succesfull

Hey there,

I'm the guy that got Le Parker Meridien for $171. What I did was look at HOTWIRE everyday for the dates I was interested in and subscribe to their newsletter that hotwire has to let you know when the prices on the dates you are looking for go down. I got an email one day that the prices were very low and I tried to buy from Hotwire, but was unsuccessful because apparently the room was no longer available. Priceline had the same hotel for the same price. Prices are always changing and the deal i got was just me getting lucky, but also being persistent and patient. Make sure you check hotwire and continue to bid on pricelien and hopefully you will get what you want.

I was looking for a backup-price somewhere else but didn't book yet because most of the hotels have higher prices if you book the canceable price...

I would like to stay near Times Square or Central Park South

thanks, I keep on bidding an when leaving netherlands 23 september I take a little laptop with me with wireless so I can maybe book something when I'm travelling around the US.

OR do you think to have the booking in place before I go ?

is october a difficult period ?

I was looking for a backup-price somewhere else but didn't book yet because most of the hotels have higher prices if you book the canceable price...
You need to book soomething that you could ultimately live with. The idea of a back-up is to protect yourself if rates continue to go up or hotels begin to sell-out. We have seen before when a user sees a rate at HotelXYZ to use as a back-up but doesn't book it... then rates everywhere rise, as does the rate at HotelXYZ, and ultimately the user needs to pay higher rates than if they have protected themselves with a cancellable back-up.
thanks, I keep on bidding an when leaving netherlands 23 september I take a little laptop with me with wireless so I can maybe book something when I'm travelling around the US... OR do you think to have the booking in place before I go ?
I prefer to have my plans in place before traveling... it makes for a smoother trip and avoids 'last minute bidding' which can often lead to bidding errors/mistakes.
I would like to stay near Times Square or Central Park South
Not sure if you've ever been to NYC before, and it's your stay so you have to be comfortable with the outcome, but NYC is so condensed and mass transit readily available that a hotel in MTE should be just as convenient for your needs as staying in MTW or UM/CPS (imo).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.

It will be th 4th time NYC for us. The last time was the one with the big US blackout :)

I will keep on trying to bid (split) and otherwise I will book something next weekend.

I've seen that some hotels have higher prices during the week, others during the weekend :)

PS, tried

MTE, MTW, Central Park South.. Up to 190 dollar

(using the link)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]