Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

DeirdreLouisville
By DeirdreLouisville,
in

I am trying to book the Venetian around the same period, from 7/16 to 7/23 actually, but I've only been counteroffered $183. I assume this is because weekend rates are significantly higher.

I'm wondering whether it is sensible to try and obtain a rate of $120-130 for the weekdays, and then try to add additional days at this rate for the weekend. Do you know if this is possible, either by doing it through priceline or requesting from the hotel directly upon check in? How many additional days were you allowed to add on in your case?

Welcome to both of you --

Intrigue, please start a new thread for your stay. Include your firm stay dates, acceptable zones/* levels, maximum bid, and any backup plan you've developed.

When you take priceline's offer to extend, think of it as just another priceline bid, except that instead of going to all hotels at that quality level, it only goes to the one you already have. So you don't automatically get a lower price -- only if that lower price is available on those additional days.

In general, hotels never offer to extend a priceline rate without going back thru the service. Tho I did once use it in my favor in a NEGOTIATION.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]