Priceline Hotel: NYC from Sept 22 to Sept 27

yosh
By yosh,
in

Hello,

I'm going to NYC from Sept 22 to the 27th and i'm looking for a good hotel (clean, safe).

I expect to spend no more than $150 dls per night.

What are the best options?

What do you recommend me to do?

I'll appreciate all the help you may provide.

• 2 weeks later...
3 or 4 star hotel, maybe upper midtown , MTW or soho.
Note that the SoHo area also covers Downtown, so if you want to stay in SoHo you also have to be willing to accept staying in Downtown (which i don't necessarily recommend).

I don't know your specific plans, but the average user/visitor is usually 'ok' with MTE, MTW, UM/CPS. Given your budget (see below) i would also consider adding MTS in order to increase your chances.

I expect to spend no more than $150 dls per night.
Is this your maximum bid or 'all-in' including taxes/fees? Based upon current prices this may be tough.

Let us know the answers to the above questions, or if this raises more questions for you, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Apologies for hijacking the thread!

I too am coming to NYC from Sept 22 to Sept 27.

I'm just trying to get my head round Priceline at the moment.

@thereuare

Reading your posts above MTE, MTW, UM/CPS and MTS sound about right.

I'm looking for a single room at about $150 max per night all in (less if poss?).

As for stars I'm not sure 2, 3 or 4 I guess?! As long as it is clean and has TV and AC I'm happy.

Thank you for answering that soon.

Ok, we'll eliminate soho since downtown is not an option, the only time i have been in NYC i stayed very close to the Empire state bulding and it was an awful hotel, no private shower, very small, and looked unsafe. This happend since i didnt choose the hotel and was just for 1 night.

MTS, MTE, MTW, UM/CPS looks fine, i'm going as a tourist with my wife, and with my parents in law. So I need a clean and nice hotel, but i don't want to spend more than 150. If possible including taxes and fees, but may depend on your recommendations.

I saw in antoher topic that some people have won bids for a 4* hotel at $125-135. Is that still possible?

That should work for me.

I would like to bid $150 max before taxes and fees, certainly if it is possible less than 150 it would be better. What is the best time to bid, as soon as possible or closer to the date i'm traveling? If sooner the better, i'm ready to bid.

You have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MTE...

Select 3* MTS and UM/CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS and MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS and MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone..

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTS and MTW and UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the proposed strategy but i had no succes. I even went further on my bidding until $190 (before taxes and fees) changing to 3* hotel and nothing.

Certainly i do not want to spend more than 190 before taxes and fees and do not want an awful hotel.

What do you recommend? are there any alternatives, or for that price do you know a good hotel that can be reserved directly with the hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]