Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hilton

belgo
By belgo,
in

The Hilton is going for a mere $149/night (cheaper than the Hampton Inn or Doubletree, go figure :) ). The Hyatt is going for $189 for the first two nights, $259 for the third (I'm checking out on the 29th). There is a 4* on Hotwire for $108. I don't know which one it is, since it is listed with a business center and as a customer favorite (your Hotwire list shows the Hilton as having a business ctr but not a customer favorite, and vice-a-versa for the Hyatt). I'm assuming I can get something for $90. I'd hope for the Hilton. The free rebid zones seem to be Br/Br, Medford, and S. Boston. Thanks!

Is $90 your maximum bid? (if not, what is your maximum bid)

If the Hotwire property is an option please provide the complete list of amenities shown (but if it's not something you're considering then don't bother)

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, $90 is my maximum bid. I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, so if I get my room through the hilton websites, I usually get upgraded to a suite and I get free breakfast. I don't really need one, but I wouldn't really bid too close to what the rooms are otherwise going for. If I can get it for $90 or less, the savings would be worthwhile.

You may want to try the following. If you have any questions, please ask before bidding.

Select 4* Revere-Logan...

Bid $55, if rejected add rebid zone 1...

Bid $60, if rejected add rebid zone 2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and open a new window.

Select 4* Revere-Logan and re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected add rebid zone 1...

Bid $75, if rejected add rebid zone 2...

Bid $80.

You can either:

1) try again in 24 hours, increasing each bid by $10 (bringing you to your maximum $90)

2) wait it out and try the above again in a week

With the rates you quoted above i'd think that the bids above should be sufficient, so it could be a case that the hotels have not yet released inventory to the opaque suppliers. If you do choose to wait, i would book a cancellable back-up in the meantime to protect yourself from rates going higher (please use our hotel-direct links in our support page if you book your back-up directly with a hotel).

Keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please use the hotel links in our support page for your back-up reservation.

Most hotel websites (listed on the right side of the support page) offer fully refundable rates, as well EasyClickTravel reservations are cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date.

Still no takers at $80. For the three nights, the Hilton is going $159 X 3 refundable, or $149 X 3 nonrefundable. The Hyatt is going for $189 X 2 + $259 nonrefundable, plus $10 extra per night refundable. With that 3rd night at the Hyatt going that high, I don't want to break up my bid, as I don't want to have to change hotels (and I've certainly never paid $249 for any hotel anywhere). I guess I better hope the Hilton is justy playing coy. :) It'll soon be less than one month from my check-out date (I guess that may be the important date?)

Hopefully you currently have a refundable back-up reservation. With the recent Big Dig problems, the airport hotels could see an increase in popularity and the hotels would increase their rates in the blink of an eye.

Please use the hotel links in our support page for your back-up reservation.

Most hotel websites (listed on the right side of the support page) offer fully refundable rates, as well EasyClickTravel reservations are cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date.

Thanks. Yeah, I already have a backup with the Hilton at the $159 rate. Interesting, the EasyClickTravel has a rate of some $130, if I can trust the reverse click website. How accurate is that reverse EasyClickTravel website? Not that I would give up my Hilton HHonors Gold perks for such a small change in rate... Working on the theory that 1 month has some importance, I'll try again on Sunday...

On the subject of supporting this board :) , I've noticed that the 2006 Entertainment books through the link on the support page are $13. I had been considering getting a GoBoston card, but depending on the contents of the book, would it be wiser to get the Entertainment Book instead? Do you have support links for buying the GoBoston card?

I wasn't familiar with the GoBoston Card but if you're interested let us know and we'll apply to their program.

Which is more appropriate probably depends upon what you're looking for. The GoCards appear to be "pay this price and it includes 'all this" while the Entertainment Book seems much more ala carte and likely has more "2 for 1" or "Buy One Get One Free" offers.

I'll definitely hold out on buying the GoBoston card until you have the linkup ready early next week. It's less than a month now, and $75 didn't get me in again today. But I just saw someone won the Hilton for the 26th, so that's getting me more comfortable with splitting my bid. I don't suppose I have to wait another 24 hr to bid for the 26th for 2 nights? The other option I see is that there's a 3* in the Boston Common-Theater District for all three nights for $65 a night on Hotwire. Even with $20 or so cabfare, this would still save me much money over the $150 a night at the Hilton if I pay full price. The problem is that I'm traveling with a 240# guy, and I've noticed that sometimes the Boston Park Plaza comes up, and that they often put their Priceline and Hotwire customers in tiny rooms with only one full bed. This is obviously not an option for us two (I would be very happy with the Doubletree, though). It seems absurd that Priceline and Hotwire would consider it acceptable to put two people in one full bed, but that seems to be the game they play. On the 29th, I'm renting a car out of Logan, so I'd rather stay in the airport hotels (plus my flight arrives at 8 PM in Boston on the 26th).

Assuming I can bid for 2 nights from the 26th, I think a reasonable plan would be to bid up to $65, praying that we don't get the Hyatt, and paying for the last night at the original rate?? :)

Any time you change the check-in or check-out date it is treated as a new bid and has its own 24 hour lock-out separate from your previous bid.

Just to cover all the bases, did you check the rates at the Hilton and the Hyatt so you konw what it would cost to "fill-in" with a direct purchase.

If you're successful for two nites you could also try the "add a nite" feature... even if not successful at your previous bid amount, you may be given a counter-offer and still be able to get the hotel thru priceline.

Wow! You're wise! I'm glad you had me check. Although if one reserves for three nights on the 26th, the last night is $159 (refundable), or $149 (nonref.) at the Hilton, if one reserves only the 28th, the same room costs $210 (nonref.). :) For the Hyatt, it's $242 (AAA, refundable). This may explain why I'm having trouble getting the three nights, and the other guy got the 26th for $65. I guess I would still come out ahead, and still be credited with one stay towards maintaining Gold status, but that last night would wipe out half of my savings. Oh, well. :)

Even wierder, if you reserve just the 27th at the Hilton, it's $190, but if you reserve the 27th and 28th together, it's $170 for both nights. So the 27th alone is $190, the 28th alone is $210, but the 27th and 28th together are $170 per night. It seems to be a system designed to discourage adding on nights.

So the 27th alone is $190, the 28th alone is $210, but the 27th and 28th together are $170 per night. It seems to be a system designed to discourage adding on nights.

Not really... it's a system to encourage staying two nites instead of one.

Booking the two nites together, as per the above, is cheaper than booking either nite individually... so they're encouraging multiple nite stays.

Oh, happy day!! :o :) I got all three nights for $65/night ($60 a night was unsuccessful), plus $34.22 fees and taxes for a total of $229.22. My prior reservation was for $536.39 for the three nights (at the same hotel), for a savings of $307.17, or 57.3%. I got excited after $60 was rejected, but after I bid $65 it said my security code wouldn't go through for some reason (it was the correct security code, but I just used another credit card).

After all that, you better believe I used the savingsbarn link :) Another major lesson is that it looks as if this hotel waits until exactly 30 days (as opposed to one month) to release inventory to Priceline. I would advise anyone bidding for a 4* in the Logan Airport zone not to bother until 30 days before your planned checkout. Is this one of the longest strings ever or what? :) For the GoBoston card link, should I click on the "travel links to support better bidding" area?

Congratulations on your win... glad to see your research and persistence pay off!

I've edited the topic title to reflect the Hilton, is that the property you won.

Thank you for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com :)

I'll add a link as a reply to this thread once we get approval for the GoBoston card. (i'll try to remember to PM you as well)

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]