Priceline Hotel: 3* Monterey (Monterey-Pacific Grove) Hyatt Monterey

menis
By menis,
in

looking to find a 3* hotel in monterey area for this saturday, 7/1. this is my first time using priceline, so i am a newb on how to bid.

i've tried putting in bid of $140, but got rejected. any ideas or suggestion on what i should try next?

thanks!!!

Start by reading Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. If it's confusing at first don't be concerned as we'll explain anything you don't understand and take it one step at a time. If you use the techninques in the link above to see the highest star rating avaialble in each zone, you'll see that there actually aren't any 3* hotels in the Carmel area... so in reality you can (currently) only get a 3* hotel in the Monterey area... leaving you with one re-bid zone (which you have already used). Therefore, there's not much else you can do tonite unless you are willing to also accept a Resort property in the (Marina-Seaside) zone.

If the Marina-Seaside zone is a possibility let us know and we'll advise of how to take it from here OR bump this thread as you approach 24 hours from your last rejected bid at which point you'll be able to bid again and we'll advise of a strategy at that time so as to have the most up-to-date rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you continue to bid on your own you prevent us from providing a complete strategy as some of the bids we suggest may be considered duplicates with what you have already done.

Exactly what bids have you recently made in the last 24 hours and when was the last you bid placed?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oh, that was my bids from yesterday. i have not place any new bids within 24 hrs since PL won't allow me to. i believe my max bid was $155 for 3*, pacific grove and carmel zone, placed yesterday. my 24 hr is coming up, so I will have new bidding chances. :)

thanks so much for your input...greatly appreciated!

The following is based upon you having already bid for the Pacific Grove and Carmel zones up to $155. If you don't believe this to be the case let us know what you did do and we will revise accordingly.

Select Resort Marina...

Bid $190, if rejected add Carmel...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Monterey...

Bid $160, if rejected add Marina...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Monterey and Carmel...

Bid $170, if rejected add Marina...

Bid $175.

The above is a systematic way of approaching your maximum bid for this area.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]