Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West)/3.5* (YVR Airport) ??

Rox
By Rox,
in

Trying to get one night post-cruise (9/16) in Vancouver. Hotwire has 4* (fitness, restaurant, pool, spa) for $196 (ouch!) - which I believe to be the Sheraton Wall Centre. What gives? Should I pay that price?

My only other alternative is to just get something near the airport, since I have an 8:00 a.m. flight the next morning - Hotwire shows an airport property, 3.5* (shuttle, gym, pool, restaurant, business center, high-speed internet) for $78. Could anyone tell me which property they think this is?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated; since I have over 2 months, should I just wait and hope something turns up? I snagged a 5* Downtown West (Sutton Place) for pre-cruise (9/8) for less than the 4* quoted above, and would love to get another 5*. I don't really want to pay over $200 for a 4*, however, but I need to stay someplace.

The 4* may also be the Westin as it can at times look like the Sheraton... and the Sheraton is sold-out for the above date.

The 3* is a match for the Delta Airport Hotel so that would be our best guess on that one.

As far as which to choose.... i would weigh the options of what you would like to do once you get off the ship. Would you just like to relax before your flight the next day or do you want to go out and see the city? (how much of this will you have had time to do before your cruise)

Then you have to consider whether this is worth an extra $100. The other option is to book a cancellable back-up (try EasyClickTravel or hotel direct reservations) and wait it out... but don't count on a Hotwire hotel as your back-up because often they can disappear and no longer be an option once you are ready to book.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. I appreciate your very helpful comments.

I will not try for that 4* after all. I do not wish to get The Westin, as they are smoke-free now (and I am not).

I will try for a cancellable backup at the link you provided and just wait it out. Perhaps as I get closer, a 5* will have opened up . . . and thanks for your guidance in your earlier private message - I will use the links provided on this site, and post whenever I am successful!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]