Now only have to wait 72hrs to rebid on car rental?

Jasmine
By Jasmine,
in

I just had a failed bid on a car rental and this is what it said: If you only want to change the price you will need to wait 72 hours before submitting a new rental car request. I'm pretty sure last week it was still a 7 day wait so I'm not sure when this change came into effect but I'm happy about it!

PL's FAQs have been updated as well:

If your offer for a rental car isn't accepted the first time, don't worry - we've made it easy for you to try again. It's all in the details! To protect their retail business and to keep this great savings service available to everybody, the rental car companies only allow priceline customers to make one offer for the same itinerary (same pick-up and drop-off dates, location and car type) in any 3-day period. If you'd like, you can always wait 3 days and try the same offer again.

Oh really? Maybe they haven't updated everything on their site because when I check the status of my request fromt he previous two weeks it says We'd be happy to help you get a rental car at the price you want to pay! Since it has been at least 7 days since you placed your request, you can make a new request for the same trip now by clicking the "Next" button below.

Whenever I'm finally successful, I will post in a new thread. Until then, all my attempts will go through SB.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]