Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 10/18/06-10/21/06 - rejected at $220

timlang
By timlang,
in

First let me say what a great find this forum was! I have never used priceline before, so this forum was extremely helpful in getting up to speed on how it works.

Following the directions in the "rebidding procedures" (and using the savings barn link!), I started at $150 and went all the way up (in approx $15 increments) to $220 in MTE/MTW/MTS and UM/CPS zones, and I was not able to get any 4* takers for $220 !!!

Is it just too early to book for October and all the hotels are holding on for a big conference or something before they release the lower priceline rates ? or is October just such a busy month in NYC that all the hotels want full rate? I did check on Hotwire for 4* in Midtown and everything was around $400 for my dates.

Any thoughts?

Welcome ot BetterBidding... we're glad you found us too!

Rates are quite high for the above dates. Although rates do tend to increase a bit in September/October (since the weather is often very nice) i don't think it accounts for the steep prices you're seeing above. I'm not aware of any convention/event happening in town these dates, but obviously something is driving up demand (and hotel prices too!)

This early i don't think i would bid any higher than you already have (unless a specific event is found to be driving up prices) and i would book a cancellable back-up in the meantime (we often recommend EasyClickTravel as there is no penalty to cancel reservations made thru them if cancelled before 72 hours of check-in date).

Checking the equivalent dates a week later reveals similar high prices, so there is a decent chance that 'opaque' inventory just hasn't been released yet and you may find success withn the next few weeks/months.

Keep us updated as to your progress or if we can assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]