VA Roanoke Extended StayAmerica North-Airport

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

What an adventure....buyer beware!! So I check in first night and ask for a room with two beds.....was told not possible as they were sold out. I was ok with this as I really did not need 2 beds until the following night. Was told I could get a double the next day and pay the difference in price of the rooms (internet lists a $10 difference) or could get a rollaway.

Next day when I went to the office to switch rooms there was a person in front of me getting into it about her debit card being charged for her stay even though she booked on priceline.....I knew this wasn't going to end good for me!!! They said they could give me a double however it was a $25 charge.....after much groveling I agreed (since now they didnt have rollaways available), paid the money and was given a smoking room....ugghhh!!!

On a side note.....I ended up locking my keys in my truck and my co-worker who was supposed to arrive that night was involuntarily bumped from his flight as it was overweight. So basically I paid way too much for the room and was late to work b/c I had to wait till he arrived the next morn with the extra set of keys (I was not going to shell out more cash for a locksmith).

Sorry for the personal rant.....

I recommend this hotel only if you are a single and do not need a double room.....also realize that the hotel is very close to the highway and traffic can be loud at times....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]