OH Columbus Crowne Plaza North

gtkappa1
By gtkappa1,
in

Marriott Worthington:

Just an update on the hotel. It was great. We were upgraded at no charge to a concierge level suite. The staff was very polite. We didn't know that the internet was 9.99 for 24 hours to use in the hotel room. But the hotel just removed the charge with no problem. The pool area was nice and the area is great (right off 71). I would stay here everytime I go to Columbus.

• 6 years later...

We won this hotel after much bidding over two days. The Crowne Plaza North Columbus sits across the street from a Budweiser Brewhouse and in a large office park. We had gone to Columbus for the famed Columbus Zoo and we were not far from our destination, but we were not that close either. Upon arrival at the hotel, as we entered to check in you pass THROUGH the designated smoking area -- it was nasty! You MUST walk through the front doors of the hotel to check in and dragging my children through the smoke was not pleasant. Check-In was smooth although we did wait a few minutes. We were assigned a room on the 7th floor with two double beds. One would think a 3.5 star hotel might have queen beds, but alas we did in fact have doubles. The view from our room was of the outdoor pool and rooftop of the rest of the hotel.

Our room was clean and not in need of refurbishment. The bathroom was SUPER small and the fan did not work. There was plenty of hot water, but not a lot of water pressure. The hotel was mainly utilized by what we saw as business people. The hotel was quiet and there was no slamming of doors or any other noise for that matter! The beds were firm, yet perfect for my crew to sleep. There is a self controlled A/C unit in the corner of the room and while it was not hot outside, we did keep our room cool for sleeping. We are used to having a refrigerator and complimentary breakfast when we stay at other comparable hotels, and these amenities were absent at the Crowne Plaza, but we lived and no one really noticed it much (except for when the kids wanted cold water -- we had none).

We really were at the hotel to sleep only and we did not take advantage of the amenities offered by the hotel such as: pool, fitness or restaurant.

All in all the hotel was fine and I cannot complain about anything offered to us -- my only gripe would be to move the designated smoking area.

Would we stay here again if we were doing our same itinerary? Probably not, but if we won it again via priceline or hotwire it would be fine.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]