MA Boston Hilton Financial Downtown

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Info Passed on to me by a friend:

The Boston Wyndham Hotel is on Broad Street located in Boston's financial district. The hotel opened a few years ago. An existing building was gutted and the building was restored. I know that the hotel has high speed internet access, and the rooms are modern and ergonomically correct. The hotel is a few blocks from the Quincy Market, and there are not a lot of restaurants in the area. Most of the restaurants are sandwich-type shops, and there's a good assortment, but its for the lunch crowd. The hotel does have its own restaurant, which is supposed to be very good. I've also heard that there is a health club in the hotel. The hotel does have valet parking. This hotel is easily accessible to Logan Airport, by taking the shuttle from the airport to the Airport T station, then taking that to the Aquarium stop (3 stops). Exit the T-station (there are escalators and elevators), take a left onto Broad Stree! t (Dunkin Donuts on the corner) and walk 2 blocks to the hotel. Being that the hotel is very close to the Quincy Market, there is a huge assortment of restaurants to choose from.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

I just came back from a weekend trip to Boston where I stayed at the Wyndham hotel. The hotel is located in the financial district, which is a fairly quiet area. However, since Boston is such a walkable city it's only a 5 minute walk to Quincy Market and about a 10-15 minute walk to Beacon Hill.

The hotel is a beautiful art deco hotel (circa 1929 I think) that was recently renovated. The room I stayed in was a beautiful and huge room - 9-foot ceilings, king sized bed, gorgeous ceiling moulding, and lovely windows on 2 walls. The staff is wonderful - the concierge was full of helpful information about where to eat, what to see, and how to get there. Definitely a first class hotel

From the airport you can take a free shuttle bus to the water taxis. Ask the taxi to drop you off at Long Warf and then it's only a 5-minute walk to the hotel (water taxi cost $10/person). It's a nice way to come into the city as you cross the Boston Harbour and get a beautiful view of the skyline. The cab from the hotel to the airport cost me $15 (with tip). Our concierge, however, said that the price is usually closer to $25 as traffic can be bad. The subway is also another route - I didn't take it but my guidebook says it takes about 30 minutes.

• 2 years later...

We just got back from a 3 day stay at the Boston Hilton Financial District. The hotel has just switched from being a Wyndham Hotel, and it is pretty clear that the Hilton crew are still discovering the problems left from the hotel's Wyndham days.

The room we were in the first night was very small (just enough room for 2 double beds, no dresser) and very dark and had no view (4th floor, facing another wing of the building, overlooking a very noisy heating/venting system). On the positive side, the staff were very nice -- they offered to move us to a king bed room, but we have 2 kids and they were out of cots so we stayed put. They delivered a lamp and replaced a broken light bulb. The room was absolutely spotless and the bed very comforable. The next morning my husband and 2 kids took showers without a problem, but by the time I did, there was absolutely no hot water. We were going to a wedding, so I took the world's coldest and shortest shower. I called the manager (who made it sound like this had happened before) and she agreed to move us to another room. When we got back at 9 PM, as promised we had been moved to another room (a fantastic king suite with a pull out couch). Unfortunately, unbeknownst to the Hilton staff, the pullout couch was broken (big sign once one removed the cushions). We called the front desk, and the manager was very apologetic, quickly moved us to another wonderful king suite and gave us coupons for breakfast. So, all in all, a very nice hotel with great staff. If you are claustrophobic, just hope you don't get one of the tiny rooms ...

KStrom

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]