Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Airport North-Oyster Point) Homewood Suites

juicyorchid123
By juicyorchid123,
in

Guys,

I have been trying Hotwire and am not getting any hotels with a kicthen in it. In the past, I have found Oregon hotels with the amnity listed.

Any suggestions on how to go about this? Also, for the 4* hotels in San francisco (without kitchen), is parking included? If not, what can we expect to pay for parking per day?

Travel dates 6/30 to 7/4

Thanks for the help. This is invaluable.

In large cities you're less likely to find hotels with kitchenettes... this amenity is mostly found in newer construcion hotels (whereas most city hotels are older or converted buidlings) and in outlying suburbs/industrical parks where extended stays seem to be more common. Which zones within San Francisco are you looking at? Would you go to the outyling area to get a hotel with a kitchenette OR are you mostly looking for USE/USW?

Parking is typically not included (for opaque or guests that booked thru 'traditional' means) in this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In addition to the above, also don't forget to check all the zones that are within your acceptable range... including links to other nearby cities that are often at the bottom of the hotwire offerings page.

I'll also warn against staying too far outside of the city if your intention is to 'see the sites' as traveling an hour each way everyday is a BIG price to pay for the convenience of a kitchenette. Also keep in mind that you'll likely need to pay for parking if you drive into the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like the Comfort Suites, although the last time reported the Comfort Suites also had a Kitchenette icon associated with it, which the above doesn't, so can't be certain.

However, if you want the Comfort Suites, i would do the following:

Book HERE for $84/nite (actually $94/nite if you search for 3 people), they have a 'best internet price guarantee' where they will match a better price plus an additional 10%

Price match against Hotels.com which has this property for $62.30/nite

Assuming all goes well then you should get this for ~$56/nite, which would be cheaper than the above $54 since Hotwire also adds their own fee on to that price. There will also then won't be the 'unknown' if for certain the above is the Comfort Suites or not.

The Comfort Suites may come back and say that it's a different room type so just compare the way they name each room "King Suite" (etc) and i think it should go smoothly. You have to file a claim at least 72 hours before your stay, so if you want to go this route you may want to not sit on it too long. Also, doublecheck the cancellation policy, but it appears that if they don't honor the price match you can cancel your reservation without penalty up until 4pm the day before (and you should hear by from them before then).

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for the great idea. The comfort Suite does not have a kitchenette so I'm really not interested in that. I know the Homewood Suites have it. I'll have to think about another way to do it.

Thanks for the help though. Invaluable!

BTW, I looked at the Recent Wins for the Comfort Suites and it was listed as 2* instead of 2.5* (all in the Priceline forum though)

Is there an difference in the rating system for hotwire and priceline?

Because the hotwire one is showing up as a 2.5* hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]