for NY

adec1023
By adec1023,
in

taxes are included in the price i have mentioned

i checked that before posting

and i checked aagain for priceline now . it says "Prices are for e-tickets and include taxes and fees. "

Hmm......for opaque fare i guess i am like anyone and want the cheapest

so can we go 50% off these fares or am i being unreasonable :)

as regarding bidding all i could do uptil now is putting questions and read about it

Never could afford trips on plane (cause of lots of reasons money and we have been taking 3-4 a year and for us driving was cheaper and didnt want to get tied as we might have to cancel them)

Basically in a nutshell ABSOLUTE NOVICE

So i need all the help i can get :) :o

taxes are included in the price i have mentioned

i checked that before posting

and i checked aagain for priceline now . it says "Prices are for e-tickets and include taxes and fees. "

We need to know the taxes/fees in order to determine a bidding amount. Your bid does not include taxes and fees, so you need to know the price of a base ticket (before taxes and fees) in order to substract them from the maximum price you're willing to pay.
Hmm......for opaque fare i guess i am like anyone and want the cheapest

so can we go 50% off these fares or am i being unreasonable :)

Probably not realistic, but let us know your maximum bid amount and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$180 will not likley be enough, but this is what i would try...

Select TUL-->EWR

on the next screen also check LGA and JFK (this is assuming all three of those airports are acceptable to you)

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select JLN-->EWR

on the next screen UNcheck JLN and select TUL (so that you are once again bidding from TUL to NYC airports, NOT from JLN to NYC airports)

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select OKC-->EWR

on the next screen UNcheck OKC and select TUL (so that you are once again bidding from TUL to NYC airports, NOT from OKC to NYC airports)

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select TUL-->SWF

on the next screen UNcheck SWF and select the NYC airports you want, so that you are once again only bidding on TUL to NYC airports)

Bid $180.

Before placing your bids make sure the confirm screen always shows your departure for TUL only, and not the 'alternate' airport that you first selected.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With that counter-offer priceline is essentially saying "you can have if for $469", and although you can often beat their counter-offers, the odds of you being able to do so for half the total price they are asking is virtually zero. :)

EDIT: it's not clear from what you've written if this is indeed a counter offer or priceline telling you the 'retail' price of this route and that you should re-consider your low bid amount. I'm thinking that is not a counter-offer, it is priceline telling you the 'retail price' of this route, and you can/should ignore that (although as stated above, i think this route within your budget is doing to be a tough win)

HI

One thing that when OKC was chosen in the next screen Tul never appeared in next screen

and

a green dollar sign always appear before tul and ewr showing it is the deal airport option--i guess goes in my favor?

So i am slowly increasing my bid

does that affect my bidding if i do and keep on increasing ???

well now that i put in tuls ewr and 210 it says In most cases, we'll be able to tell you whether or not you got your tickets within 15 minutes

wonder is it good or bad again ??? :)

Your chances of acceptance are not affected by the number of times you bid.

If you're unable to get TUL to appear when selecting OKC as a starting airport, then try TUL-->HPN and then change the HPN to the NYC airports that you are willing to accept.

now that i put in tuls ewr and 210 it says In most cases, we'll be able to tell you whether or not you got your tickets within 15 minutes
Have you increased your maximum bid? As after taxes and fees this will take you above your previously stated maximum?

IT is the counter offer

the retail price is $ 520

I think it is because i am trying for june30 to july6

one day ahead

this is what comes written

you can raise your offer price we can get you tickets for $469 per ticket including all taxes and fees

and it doesnt accept my bid till 245

yeah i am taking it above my max as we would like to go this weekend if we get some tickets i think max upto 325

I spent one and a half day doing all permutatuions and combinations and came up with nothing

i went upto 340 something or so for both june 30 to july6 and july 1 to 7

so i think we are driving now :)

and i may do some bidding for the hotel last minute

I really appreciate all the help u gave

thank you so much

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]