Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hilton Airport

Bob7
By Bob7,
in

Would you please confirm that if I win a 4* PL bid for this area that it will be either the Hilton or the Hyatt Harborside?

Those would be likely, but not guaranteed. From the top of each hotel list on the board:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline acll the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing.

Given the above, are you still willing to move forward and want a strategy for these dates?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My only criteria is that it be a 4* with free airport shuttle. PL's set price page for 4*'s only shows the Hilton and Hyatt, but I don't know how large their "airport" area is, and whether I might get stuck with something too far away but still classified as airport. Do you think that could happen?

-Bob

Anything is possible... i wouldn't expect it to, but i can't say for certain that it won't. As mentioned above, you could be the first to receive a new hotel to add to the list (and who knows if it would offer shuttle service).

As per the related link in the PRICELINE FAQ, it's not a good idea to consider the 'retail' version of priceline as inclusive of what you'll get from the opaque product.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The priceline retail product is different from the name your own price section. It shouldn't be used to identify possible hotels for the name your own price section. Some hotels participate in one and not the other.

That being said, the two 4* hotels currently in Revere-Logan are the Hilton and the Hyatt. This could change as hotels could be upgraded/downgraded/constructed in any particular area.

You will only receive a hotel within the mapped area.

If you'd like to give it a try, read the Priceline rebidding thread to help identify the 3 free rebid areas for Boston. Once you've identified them in the name your own price section, we'll provide you with bidding advice.

I'm nervous about doing free rebids by adding areas that don't have 4 stars, in case they've recently added a 4 star there and I win the wrong area.
That's why you need to follow the steps provided in the link above.

If you'd like to give it a try, read the Priceline rebidding thread to help identify the 3 free rebid areas for Boston. Once you've identified them in the name your own price section, we'll provide you with bidding advice.

As your stay is mid-July, you can always try again after 24 hours if unsuccessful.

As you mentioned you want to stay below $70, give the following a try:

Select 4* Revere-Logan

Bid $55, if rejected add rebid area 1...

Bid $60, if rejected add rebid area 2...

Bid $65, if rejected add rebid area 3...

Bid $70,

First bid: selected Logan only, 4* only, $60 rejected.

Rebid: 4*, selected Logan and added Medford area (no Medford stars above 2.5), $65 bid accepted.

Total additional "taxes and service fees": $15.81

Room rate on Hilton site: $169.

Thx to BB for bidding advise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]