Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt RegencyPenns Landing

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Used the Savingsbarn link to access Priceline. Bid for downtown Philadelphia, 4* -

1st bid: $47 - rejected

Was asked to increase my bid by at least $13 - did so - bid $60 and won this hotel - 4* Hyatt Regency at Penn's Landing.

Stayed there back in March, so this will be our 2nd getaway there. Great hotel in a great location - probably one of the best bargain hotels in Philly. On Expedia, the hotel is listed at $209 for the same night, so that is quite the savings!

Now, the only problem is: where to eat dinner? These days, dinner for 2 costs more than the hotel!

Thanks again for your great site.

forget dinner for two!! Your tab for two martini's each will probably be greater than the rate at the Hyatt. I say go cheap for one night and splurge on the other.....Nick's Roast Beef on 2nd Street (near Cuba Libre, Kyhber) for the cheap dinner, then go to Morimoto or Vetri for the splurge! Here's a list of 2005 restaurant reviews from the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Congratulations on your win.

With the rates we often get it can be difficult to find dinner for less then room... often have to take the approach you can afford dinner because of the low price of the room.

Thank you for sharing your results and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just got a reservation via Opentable for Amada (spanish tapas!) Have been dying to try it - prixe fix is $45/pp -- way more than the Hyatt. That's fine -- this is our every couple of months splurge away from the kids and with the rates I get for hotels, my husband doesn't mind spending the big bucks for dinner!

Love both Morimoto and Vetri, but wanted to try somewhere new...

Rest assured no Corbett Canyon here, blech! We actually like the convenience of a full bar, especially since I am not a wine drinker (that would be the husband!) Although there is a place on 13th Street called Lolita that is BYOT (bring your own tequila!) I am VERY interested in trying that one!

Have eaten at Lolita twice and sent my wife there on a 3rd occassion with collegues. It is good but all 3 times the appetizers have been better than the mains. I'd order more apps and save room for the dessert. Yes, they do let you bring your own tequila and there's a liquor store around the corner on Chestnut that you can buy it at. They take CASH only. Something to remember.

I've heard really good things about Amada. I've also heard its very expensive. Lolita isn't cheap and those pitchers of non alcoholic margaritas go for $12 or $13 each so when you add in the cost of the tequila, we paid $13 at that liquor store for the least expensive name brand tequila they had, you end up with a good sized bar bill.

Enjoy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]