Holiday Inn in TPE on Strike... What now?

aep
By aep,
in

I posted my winning bid for a PL hotel in TPE here in this PRICELINE thread. I arrive Wednesday evening...

Now, looking in the China Post, I see that the hotel is on strike. Surely, service will suffer, and the atmosphere will be unpleasant. Not to mention that I don't like crossing picket lines (I'm not sure who does).

I called PL customer service, and a friendly lady took a note for another team who will call the hotel in the morning (US Eastern time - probably around 10p at the hotel) and will likely get the scoop on the situation from the night auditor :) and they'll call me back, or email me by Monday evening. The lady said that I'd either be accomodated in another hotel or be refunded...

The China Post article (here) says that the hotel management will refund guests who wish to stay elsewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like some clues as to a good way to approach this situation.

Thanks,

aep

What would you like to see happen in this situation?

I think you'll basically have a choice if you'd like to stay there for the price paid OR find yourself alternate accomodations... keeping in mind that at this last minute they may ultimately cost you <much?> more than you previously paid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]