Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM/CPS) Le Parker Meridien

rizan
By rizan,
in

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are looking to spend 2 nights in NYC, either 10/6/06-10/8/06 or 10/8/06-10/10/06. We're looking to stay in MTW, but will take MTE, MTS or UM/CPS if thats all thats availble. We are willing to split our stay if I must. Not willing to pay any more than $200/night for a 4* and $175 for a 3*. Would prefer a 4* hotel, but if I have too, I can get a 3* hotel from hotwire in MTE for $183. My first question is which 2 nights is going to be cheaper? I dont care if I have to miss the Columbus Day parade. My next question was how should I go about bidding on these hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Assuming you're looking for the best price in the acceptable zones, and not necessarily willing to pay more to be in the MTW zone, this is how i would proceed:

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180.

Start with the above for 10/8-10/10 which i suspect will be the dates with a slightly better chance. If rejected for those dates then i'd repeat for 10/6-10/8 just to rule it out. If you get a counter-offer on any of the bids stop and post back what the counter offer is and we'll then revise to take the counter-offer into consideration.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I rebid, can I add one of the rebid zones so its MTW and rebid zone #1, then, if rejected, add the other rebid zone so its MTW and rebid zone #1 and #2 and if rejected, remove rebid zone #1 so its only MTW and rebid zone #2? DOes that make sense? Is it possible?

Thanks

Oops, nevermind, I get it

SO my girlfriend says she really wants to see the parade. so I'm looking for the 10/8/06-10/10/06 dates. I tried the 4 star strategy and it didn't work. How do I go out getting a 3 star hotel. Anny help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

SO, I used the bidding strategy provided as well as some of my own ideas and have bid a maximum of $180 for a four star hotel and $140 for a three star hotel on either 10/07/06-10/09/06 and 10/08/06-10/10/06 and have not got a hit. Where should I go from here if I dont want to spend more than $200 per night? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

At the 3* level you only have one re-bid zone available...

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTW and MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150.

Start with the above and let us know how it goes.

Any question feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Thanks for the bidding help. I have placed maximum bids on 4 star hotels up to 180 and up to 150 on 3 star hotels to no avail. I was wondering what other strategies you could offer me. I can still get a 3 star on hotwire for 178 so that would be my max for a 3 star. I would be willing to go up to 210 for a 4 star. ANy help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Personally i think i would book a back-up at this time and wait before bidding too much higher. You can book a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower for $223/nite where the reviews are very good and it is cancellable up until 72 hours before your check-in date.

You could then continue to try the opaque suppliers and increase you bid as you get closer to your date. On the otherhand if you want to bid higher now so that it's "done" let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

I agree with thereuaure ... it might be time to take a breath and back up.

I've seen some deals on nice hotels under $200. The Roosevelt for $149, the Mansfield for $159, the Crown Plaza Un for $169, and the Carleton $174. Most of these could be booked in advance and cancelled without charge (double check all fine print!).

Good luck!

Hi rizan: I saw these on travelzoo.com's NYC section. I had booked one once before via this same site, then got a great deal on priceline ($120 at Hilton NY) and cancelled the original booking without charge.

Hi thereuare: I am still (crazy optimist?) hoping to get myself a $130 (max!) hotel room for Aug 23rd via priceline ... which I will of course access via my fave savingsbarn.com. :)

Does anyone think that if I wait that the prices will go down? Or is there no chance of that because its a big weekend? Also, I bid $151 on a 3 star hotel in MTW and it offered a counter offer of $25 more. What does this mean and how do you think i should proceed. I've booked a back-up already.

Thanks so much everyone!

See the related link in the PRICELINE FAQ as to if rates may go up (or down).

The counter-offer essentially means that priceline can fufill your request at $176 and would let you bid again immediately (without using a re-bid zone) if you are willing to bid that much. These counter-offers can almost always be undercut (although you have to use a re-bid zone to bid again). If you're willing to bid higher let us know your maximum and we'll advise accordigly taken the above counter-offer into consideration. You can read more about counter-offers in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY

I had bid $185 the day before, but then I saw hotel rooms on hotwire for $170 in MTC. I tried buying it, but once I had put all my info through, it said the hotel was no longer available. So i thought maybe priceline would have the same one. I decided to bid $171 and hope for a counter offer on a 4 star hotel. I included UM/CPS, MTE, MTW, and MTS and just went for it. It came back with a hit!

Thanks again for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]