Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Milan Best Western Milton Milano

JSB
By JSB,
in

Thanks, thereuare.

The 3,5 stars hotel only indicates complimentary breakfast.

The 4 stars hotel indicates: restaurant, internet, fitness, business center and laundry facilities.

Does this information help you to narrow the search ?

Kind regards,

JSB

Unfortunately dont' have much to go on with the above... too many possibilities with the list combinations and Hotwire doesn't give any other clues with these properties :) European bidding was only added within the last year or so and we haven't seen too many use Hotwire in these areas, so hopefully at time moves on we'll continue to have more hotels identified.

Sorry we couldn't be of much help, but if you do go for it please be sure to let us know how it goes.

If any other offers present themselves feel free to ask.

PS- you may also want to look at EasyClickTravel which seems to have quite a few non-opaque 3*/4* properties at the $90-$125 price points

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Dear Thereuare,

I booked the 3,5 stars via Hotwire for July 23rd until 25th (two nights) at a total price of $136.73 and then was informed that the hotel was a Best Western Blaise & Francis (also called Milton Milano). Checking Tripadvisor, the hotel itself doesn't seem to be that bad, but the neighbourhood is.

Moreover, the hotel can be booked for the same price or lower via almost any other website.

So I sent the following e-mail to Hotwire:

"Dear people at Hotwire,

this cannot be serious. The hotel can be booked through almost any other site at about the same price or lower. So the only difference is, that with Hotwire you do not even know in advance which hotel you get.

I am really dissapointed.

Kind regards"

Indeed,

JSB

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

HOTWIRE does have a "Double the Difference" guarantee that you can apply for (assuming you booked the above in the last 48 hours). When did you book and what is the price you paid? (per nite, the amount on the 'splash page', before taxes and fees).

We'll add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List now so hopefully others will have an idea of what they are buying beforehand and can make a decision as to whether or not they wish to move forward with it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear Thereuare,

I just came back from Milan. The hotel was even worse than I thought it would be. It was situated in a terrible (and clearly dangerous) neighbourhood and breakfast was simply awful. Airconditioning was somewhat lacking and the lobby area was a mess.

Of course, I only payed about 55 euros a night, but then I do believe the people behind Hotwire should live up to their promises when they rank a hotel with a three-and-a-half star and compare it to the Hilton brand.

In fact, Hotwire should have ranked this hotel as a two star hotel, and then I would not have selected it.

To be frank, the hotel staff was quite nice and the room was reasonably clean, but never would I consider this Best Western more than a two star hotel. And yet the hotel gives itself four stars.

Moreover, the Hotwire price can be easily found when you book this hotel directly, so I don't see the advantage of using Hotwire in such a case.

If Hotwire promises people that they can get Hilton quality at low prices, then they should live up to such promise. Otherwise it's a hoax.

Luckily, I switched to the Grand Hotel Verdi, a true four star hotel, which I booked through Yeego. I only payed 80 euros a night (in a buy-two-get-one-free-deal) and was simply delighted.

Best regards,

JSB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]