Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Sheraton

bbrown9506
By bbrown9506,
in

Havent booked my flight yet but I just transfered my frequent flyer miles to get them this week! looking for a 4 star Hotel in the Lahaina Maui, HI (Ka'anapali - Lahaina) area! I either want the WESTIN, SHERATON, or HYATT! What I noticed in searching and checking prices, is that if I do one day I get those three hotels, If I do more then one day the Sheraton get dropped and the Whaler is added! I dont want to stay at the Whaler and Ive thought I read here no one had ever won the Whaler? hopefully that is true.

Anyway what is good place to start my bidding--I was thinking $175 a night--but obviously I will go up a bit --thinking ceiling is $190 maybe $200.

But do you think it is safe to just go for one night so the Whaler doesnt show up and the Sheraton is in play, then just try and add the extra nights once booked for the one night with the extend your stay at same price feature????

Im figuring If I can get 4 nights at any of the 3 mentioned hotels I want for under 200, I go stay at one of the Top End resorts for the last few nights of my trip and splurge! :-) Fairmount or Grand Wailea more likely! :-)

Thanks and Ill let you know once I start bidding in a few days when my fare is booked!

MAHOLA

IM ready to start bidding, I got my flight this AM! :-) dates are 9/29/06-10/6/06

I want to get 5 nights at the Hyatt or Sheraton or Westin I think

Going to start the bidding at $150 for one night, then add nights once I get a place if the price is right and the place is one I wanted! DO they always offer the extend a stay feature once you have booked! I figure I go for 1 night then if the place and price are right I extend it for 4 more, or do you think I get a better deal by going for all 5 off the bat?? what do you think?? Thanks so ready to go....

my re-bid zones with no Resorts are as followed

Kihei

Kahului

Two areas with NO RESORTS that I can see! Am I on the right track? thanks again

I want to get 5 nights at the Hyatt or Sheraton or Westin I think
You do realize you're bidding on a minimum star level and a zone and not the specific properties above?

Since your dates cover more than 5 nites, which dates are you bidding for? (or does it not matter?)

The 'extend your stay' feature is not always offered, and when it is, you can only extend your stay up to as many nites as your winning bid. So if you win one nite you can only extend your stay for one additional nite, if you two nites you can only extend up to an additional two nites, etc, etc.

If you let us know which dates you want to try for and your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK Well that surely helps-My only fear for booking more then one day is that I get stuck in the Whaler, and I only see the Whaler come up and the Sheraton get dropped if more then one day is picked.

Anyway the dates I need for certain, and I think I will try for two night then extend to 4 if all goes well is 9/29-10/1/06, or if I can just do it all at once without fear of the Whaler from 9/29-10/1. After that I want to go to Hana stay at the Hotel Hana-Maui for a night or two before heading back to Wailea area and a night or two at the Grand Wailea. Neither of those hotel get listed on priceline.

Ok so what next--my max bid I would say to start is between $150-$225 a night, and of course the lower the better, but 4 Stars min for the hotel!

Also I do realize its a star rating and zone but once you can iddentify the hotels in that area I thought that was the whole Idea of this site! I realize their are 4 hotels that currently show as 4 stars in Maui Lahana area, but I also know that can change......anyway let me know what and when to start--Im ready to start now

I will try for two night then extend to 4 if all goes well...
If you mean "extend your stay" then you can't do it this way as you would only be able to extend your stay for two nites, not four. As per above, you can only extend your stay for a number of nites equal to or less than the number of nites in your winning bid.

So what dates do you want to start with?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All this talk of the Whaler coming up, I dont think i have ever seen the Whaler come up as a priceline win. Not to as it never will, but since it is a condo/hotel with mostly timeshare residence its less chance to be used by priceline. I actually like the Whaler although since it is owned by timeshare residence each unit is different and some better then others. Some units are very nice while others look like they have not been updated since the 70s. Shag carpet anyone? :)

OK I bid and won--4 nights at the SHERATON. Cost per night $180

Started off at 150 and worked my way up in $10 increments I bid as followed

$150 4 star Lahaina Resort-Rejected

$160 4 star Lahaina Resort-Added Kihei Rejected

$170 4 star Lahaina Resort-Added Kapalulu Rejected

Closed down and started again

$170 4 star Lahaina Resort-Rejected

$180 4 star Lahaina Resort-Added Kihei ----$180 A NIGHT BIG ACCEPTED!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUY HELP! MAHOLA!

Last question does the Grand Wailea every really come up for Resorts in Wailea??? Thanks again

Also I booked orginally for just 2 nights then extended my stay for the additional 2 Nights! Wodner if I would have gotten it cheaper if I booked all 4 at once? anyway $180 a night over a weekend at the Best Time of year to Visit cant be beat! :-) Totally Happy! + as a Starwood member I think I get automatically upgraded! at least I hope! :-) Happened to me on my Hyatt trip that I got from priceline, im also a Hyatt Gold member!

Totally Happy! + as a Starwood member I think I get automatically upgraded! at least I hope! :-) Happened to me on my Hyatt trip that I got from priceline, im also a Hyatt Gold member!

Good luck on the up grade as Starwood does not have to give you any thing on PL stays. But it can't hurt to show your card at check-in. Hyatt on the other hand gives full benefits on all stays no matter how you book your room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]