Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID 4* Mag Mile Hotel....

missybryan
By missybryan,
in

Hi :)

I am new to priceline and hotwire and need some help, please. My friend and I are meeting in Chicago June 16th-19th, so I am trying to firm up our lodging. There is a 4* hotel Mag Mile/Wacker Drive with the following ammenities listed on hotwire: restaraunt, fitness, spa, high-speed internet, business center, and laundy services. It retails for 252.00 and is listed for 170/night. Can anyone help me identify this hotel and/or give me any other good pointers for saving money on lodging for this stay? Thanks a lot!

Missy

Unfortunately, not sure what it is, as while most of the information leads one to believe that it could be either the Swissotel or the Hyatt Downtown, neither has ever showed a laundry icon and I'm not sure either hotel actually has laundry facilities. Additionally, I'm seeing that listing for $222 for those dates now (although you may be seeing something different than me.)

How many people are in your party and what is your budget? While I can't figure out what that listing is (maybe a new hotel for Hotwire, maybe a current hotel with a new laundry icon), I'm sure we can figure out something for your party or someone here can offer more help as to what that listing is.

Yeah, I was seeing that hotel w/laundry when I searched for 3 people, but not 2, so I assumed there were more people. When I search for 2, I see a 4* Mag Mile/Wacker Drive with pool/fitness/business/restaurant for $119, which is likely the Intercontinental. Outstanding location-wise (directly on Michigan Ave.) and although it gets a few mixed reviews, I liked it.

The other noteworthy option coming up is a 4* North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast with Suite/Restaurant/Fitness/Pool/Business. $157. That's likely the Omni Suites on Michigan Ave.

Yep, searching Hotwire for 2 people for 6/16-6/19. You will see different prices/different listings if you are searching for 3 or more, but for 2 person occupancy for those dates I'm seeing what appears to be the Intercontinental and Omni Suites, appearing as listed above.

Still seeing them as of 2pm central time. What appears to be the Palmer House Hilton ($96, 3.5star, loop zone, fitness/business/restaurant/hotel) is also showing, but I'd take the Intercontinental over the Palmer, even with the price difference.

If you are searching for 2 people on those dates and continue to see different listings, others here can probably offer some suggestions you can try, although I'm not sure they'll work (I'd think maybe things like clearing your cookies or using a different browser or signing out of hotwire and searching while not signed in.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]