Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC MTW Hilton Times Square

DocDave
By DocDave,
in

I have been reading this board for a couple of weeks (kudos!) and have followed some of the posted advice for NYC hotels over thanksgiving (Friday night, 11/28 only). So far, no joy. Tonight's strategy:

4* Midtown West $130

add Midtown East $140

add UM/CPS $150

add MTS $160

add re-bid zone (UWS) $170

All rejected.

I may be able to get the Sheraton on Hotwire for $190 (this seemed to be the match recently). Any further thoughts? We would like to stay in/near midtown, would prefer a 4*, but may have to go 3*. Thanks for any assistance.

David

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you still see the Hotwire offering for $190? I just did a search for your date and the rates i'm seeing for 4* or 4.5* hotels start at $250+.

I ask because i would be using these prices to help formulate a bidding strategy. What is your absolute maximum bid before you would lower to 3* (and at 3* what is your maximum bid before you stay in NJ and commute into NYC :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried the same strategy a couple of more times (after the 72 hr wait). I had The Muse as a refundable backup at $269 via their website. Tonight: SUCCESS!!

Bidding at 4 stars,

Midtown West $120, added

Midtown East $130, added

UM/CPS $145 -- winner.

Hilton Times Square (Midtown West)

234 West 42nd Street

New York,

Glad you were ultimately successful and your patience paid off. Another example of how inventory can, and does, change all the time.

Feel free to add a review to the HOTEL REVIEWS section when you return.

Thanks for posting and sharing your information with the rest of the board!

Enjoy your stay in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]